What is the #1 strategy that you need for inbound marketing?
“It is one of the best ways that you can utilize in your online inbound marketing strategy and to connect with your customers, to generate leads and to become an established expert in your niche AND one of the best ways to (ultimately) increase sales”…….says Kim Garst, BoomSocial
If you guessed, a business blog, then you would be absolutely correct 🙂 You create a business blog to grow your business and to increase sales. Period.
Here are a 25 ways shared from Kim Garst, BoomSocial, that you can utilize to ACTUALLY accomplish your business goals with a business blog
No more blogging just because you ‘should’ just follow these 25 strategies and then sit back and watch your blog increase your leads, authority and sales!
1. Be serious about posting regularly
- Don’t just post when you feel like it.
- Be intentional about what and when you post, and stick to a schedule.
2. Stick to a schedule….BUT be flexible
- Be prepared to jump on breaking news.
- If something big happens in your industry, don’t be afraid to change your schedule to keep current
3. Decide WHO you’re writing for
- Who is your ideal customer?
- What does he or she want to learn about?
- You can’t please everyone all the time, so don’t even try
4. Decide WHAT the #1 goal of your blog is
- Assuming it’s to drive business, what do you need to implement to make this happen?
- What does your online sales funnel look like?
- How does your blog fit into your funnel?
5. Determine your voice
- How do you want your customers to perceive you through your writing?
- Fun and casual?
- Professional and authoritative?
6. Write evergreen content
- Write posts that stand the test of time…these will drive engagement and traffic for months to come.
7. Have an opinion
- Don’t be afraid to be a bit controversial at times; you are a real person with real opinions and ideas!
8. Follow your own process
- When writing, do what works best for YOU.
- Some experts say to draft an outline first, but if you find writing off-the-cuff works best (and your audience loves what you write), then forget what the experts say
9. Write for scannable reading
- The majority of your readers will scan and skim your content, not read it word for word.
- Format your posts with this in mind
10. Focus on quality over quantity
- If you have limited time, it’s better to write two or three high-quality posts each week than five ‘fluffy’ ones.
11. Be generous about giving away your knowledge
- Make sure the vast majority of your content is available for free.
12. Spend time on your headlines
- Your headlines are the #1 factor that determine whether your posts will get read or not, so focus on attention-grabbing titles.
- For help with this, see Kim’s post The Ultimate Guide to Writing Social Media Headlines That Get More Clicks.
13. Ask questions at the end of your posts
- Explicitly ask readers to comment on your posts.
- It’s amazing how one small call to action can make such a difference!
14. Take the time to respond to comments
- Show you care by reading and responding to blog comments in a timely manner.
15. Get your readers into your online sales funnel
- One way to do this may be to include a call to action to join your email list.
16. Pay attention to your analytics…but keep it in perspective
- Don’t obsess over data, but use it to determine whether your content is meeting its mark.
17. Watch for long-term trends
- Paying attention to the growth (or decline) of your blog over time allows you to evaluate whether all your efforts are really working.
18. Pay close attention to what type of content converts
- If your #1 goal is to drive sales, determine which types of content ultimately drives sales.
19. Respond to other people’s blog posts
- Read and comment on other people’s blogs to drive traffic and build relationships.
20. Make use of guest posting
- Post on other people’s blog, and have them post on yours.
- This is a great way to reach a new audience.
21. Regularly promote your posts on social media
- This is the #1 way to drive traffic to your blog posts.
22. Be active elsewhere online
- Be a regular in industry LinkedIn and Facebook groups and in niche forums, and engage with other people’s social media content.
23. Build links to your site
- Have a plan in place for getting inbound links that help with both your search engine rankings and with referral traffic to your site.
24. Link to influential blogs within your content
- This is a great way to reach out to other bloggers and potentially get a link back to your site as well.
25. Post your content to Scoop.It
- This lets other people curate your content and helps you expand your audience…without having to lift a finger!
Start implementing the above 25 strategies today to ensure that your blog is ACTUALLY helping you to grow your business.
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a few minutes and share….Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,