Here are 2 productivity secrets you need to know if you work from home
“Most of us have never learned how to work from home, away from an office, no one looking over your shoulders. A lot of us just aren’t good at it”…….says T. Harv Eker (author of “Secrets of the Millionaire Mind”)
Here are 2 ways that T. Harv Eker has found to be extremely effective if you work from home:
1. Set aside a space for work that nobody else can come into.
- No kids, no dogs, no TV, no nothing.
- It’s just a little space for you to work.
- This will do wonders for you.
- It will create a trigger for you that will help you turn on and off “work-mode.”
2. Set aside two times for high-efficiency or high-productivity work, and time for play.
- Maybe it’s one half-hour a day.
- Out of eight or 10 hours, we’re only going to set aside half an hour a day for high productivity work and play each.
- So, for at least 30 minutes a day, nobody can walk in.
- It’s a do-not-disturb sign.
- You tell your family and whoever else to not call between 9:30 and 10:00 a.m. because that’s your high-productivity 30 minutes.
- If you can do an hour, then do an hour, but start with 30 minutes.
Do the things that are necessary for you to make money.
That means add value to people. If you’re not selling something, marketing something or creating something, you’re not making money. Sell, market or create. Those are the only things that make you money.
The other time you set aside is for play.
You have 30 minutes a day. It’s 30 minutes more than you’ve got now if you’re like most people married to their business at home.
“What am I supposed to do for 30 minutes?” Whatever you want. Just make sure you’re not working, dealing with work or dealing with family. You’re just having You time.
You could read. You could swim. Walk. Go outside and just breathe.
If you give yourself 30 minutes of productive work and 30 minutes of play or free time, your productivity for the rest of the day will go way up. You will feel so good about your life and yourself just by taking half an hour for yourself every day for intense work and play. You deserve it!
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a few minutes and share……Thank you 🙂
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,