Here Are 4 Benefits of Blogging
Why you should use blogging as a marketing tactic.
Here are the 4 benefits of blogging by Corey Eridon, HubSpot
1. It helps drive traffic to your website.
- Think about how many pages there are on your website and think about how often you update those webpages.
- Probably not that often, right?
- Blogging helps solve both of those problems.
- Every time you write a blog post, it’s one more indexed page on your website.
- It’s also one more cue to Google and other search engines that your website is active and they should be checking in frequently to see what content you’ve published that they should surface.
- Every new indexed page is one more opportunity for you to show up in search engines, and drive traffic to your website through organic search.
- Blogging also helps you get discovered via social media.
- Every time you write a blog post, you’re creating content that people can share on social networks — Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+ — which helps expose your business to a new audience that doesn’t know you yet.
- Blog content also helps keep your social media presence going…You’re strengthening your social reach with blog content and driving new website visitors to your blog with your social channels.
2. It helps convert that traffic into leads.
- Just like every blog post you write is another indexed page, each post is a new opportunity to generate new leads.
- The way this works is really simple: Just add a lead-generating call-to-action to every blog post.
- These calls-to-action are basically, any content asset that someone would be willing to exchange their information for
- This is how you turn that traffic coming to your blog into leads
- Remember that not every reader of your blog will become a lead — and that’s okay!
- No one converts 100% of the people that read their blog into leads.
- Just get blogging, put calls-to-action on every blog post, set a visitor-to-lead conversion rate benchmark for yourself, and strive to improve that each month.
3. It helps establish authority.
- If you’re consistently creating content that’s helpful for your target customer, it’ll help establish you as an authority in their eyes.
- Can you imagine the impact of sending an educational blog post YOU wrote to clear things up for a confused customer?
4. It drives long-term results.
- Let’s say you sit down for an hour and write and publish a blog post today.
- You get another 50 views and 5 leads tomorrow as a few more people find it on social media and some of your subscribers get caught up on their email and RSS.
- After a couple days, most of the fanfare from that post dies down and you’ve netted 150 views and 15 leads.
- That blog post is now ranking in search engines.
- That means for days, weeks, months, and years to come, you can continue to get traffic and leads from that blog post.
- One hour of effort today can turn into hundreds of thousands of views and leads in the future.
CLICK HERE TO START BLOGGING TODAY!
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please do yourself a favor and take a moment and share…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,