How To Write An About Me Page That Converts
Not only is this page one of the most highly viewed on most sites, but it offers an opportunity to introduce yourself and, most importantly, build trust.
Here are 4 tips that will show you how you can write an “About Me” page that actually converts shared from IMPACT’s Ramona Sukhraj’s post “How to Write an “About Us” Page That Actually Converts”
1. Focus on Customer Value
- Even though it’s called an About Me page, it’s not all about you. In order to make the sale, tell your story in terms of what you do for your clients.
- The best way to keep readers reading is to talk about them, not you.
- In other words, frame your businesses’s background and milestones as the value you’re offering them with your product or service.
- A simple way to get started is to eliminate “me” and “my” statements in favor of those with “you” and “your”.
- Describing what you will bring to the table for them
- Then grab their attention and encourage them to keep scrolling by saying what’s in it for them right off the bat.
2. Use Facts, Not Fluff
- Instead of boasting about your accomplishments or product, let the facts speak for themselves by including:
- Customer Testimonials
- Industry Awards
- Real Statistics & Figures
- 90% of people have said positive reviews and testimonials influenced their buying decisions in the past.
- Use this success and good “word of mouth” to your advantage.
3. Be Visual
- The brain processes visuals 60,000 times faster, than it takes to decode text and with the average human attention span less than eight seconds, visuals are the best way to make an impact.
- Use interesting images, videos, or graphics to illustrate important facts about your company and offering.
- This will help keep your reader engaged, while also making the content easier to digest.
- While you’re at it, make sure to use real photos of your team to help humanize your brand and put a face to a name.
4. Show Personality
- Use your About Me to show your personality, corporate culture, and who you really are.
- Put aside industry jargon and buzzwords and speak to your reader as you would a friend
- By using an authentic voice and tone, you’ll be more endearing or “likeable” to the reader and ensure that those who do convert are a good match for your brand.
The About Me is a page that visitors find themselves on when they are early on in their buying cycle and are evaluating you as a possible solution.
Make sure you’re making the right first impression.
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share….Thank you 🙂
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,