What 4 Words Get Your Emails Opened?
Do You Know What Those 4 Words Are That Get People To Open Your Emails?
The simple phrase “You Are Not Alone” is the most-opened subject line I’ve ever seen — by far says author Sean Platt of CopyBlogger .
“You Are Not Alone”
I don’t want to be alone is a compelling, universally recognized statement.
The need to belong, to know that others are going through the same life experiences, is primal.
Here are a few tips from Sean Platt to start using today…..Enjoy friends!
How to avoid getting your emails sent directly to the spam folder.
TIP # 1 – Let your reader know someone is on their side
- No matter what message you’re sending or service you’re selling, if you remind your reader that someone understands what they are going through and cares about helping them you will become their temporary hero.
- Do it repeatedly, and you will permanently solidify that position.
- Use this subject line to get your email opened, but treat the open as just the first step.
- Once you capture your reader’s attention, prove that you deserved it by providing a useful solution to their most pressing problem.
- Even the most effective subject line in the world merely gets you in the door.
- Your job is to address the issues.
- Your subject line is an invitation to dinner; you still have to cook the main course.
Help people solve their problems and relieve them of their feelings of isolation, and they will reward you.
TIP # 2 – Figuring out what kind of reassurance your audience needs
- The “You Are Not Alone” subject line works because it connects to an elemental human need — and the good news is, the well of human need is bottomless.
- Discover this and everything else becomes easy; growing your list, nurturing your relationships and ultimately, closing the deal.
BONUS TIP – Negativity Sells
- People will always work harder to keep something they have rather than try to gain something that they want — even if they desperately want it.
- Negative headlines and copy alert your audience to a potentially serious problem — which you can then address and solve.
- By helping people keep something important to them, you’ve also gained trust.
- Be helpful, solve a problem, take a worry and turn it into a smile.
- You’ll get your email opened, make a friend, and nurture a relationship that will pay dividends for a long time to come.
Even better, you (and your business) will never be alone again.
If you enjoyed this tips from Sean Platt of CopyBlogger, and found TONS OF VALUE, please do yourself a favor and share with anyone you feel will benefit from them…..Thank You!
SHARING IS CARING!
To Your Success,