How To Find Your Ideal Client In 5 Easy Steps
This 5-step formula will show you…
…where to find your ideal clients
…how to get those ideal clients to identify themselves as needing your help…
…how to rapidly build trust and credibility with those potential, ideal clients…
…how to communicate the REAL value of your coaching to those ideal clients (so they get why they need to be investing a high dollar amount)…
…how to get them pre-sold and excitedly APPLYING to work with you!
What I’m about to share with you may not be revolutionary or mind-blowing – but it works……..Over and over again.
The Crucial 5-Step Formula For Finding Your Ideal Client by Luke Charlton, (I Love Coaching Magazine.com)
Step 1 – Define Your Ideal Client
- First of all, you need to know what their problems are, what their biggest fears are, what their frustrations and desires are.
- What would motivate them to invest 1000’s in your coaching.
- If you don’t know what these are – interview them!
Step 2 – Go Where Your Ideal Client Hangs Out
- Once you’ve defined your ideal client – now you know exactly where they hang out.
- You’ll know what magazines they read, what forums they attend, what events or networking groups they go to, what sites to put your advertising on etc.
- Go there!
Step 3 – Get them to identify themselves as ideal clients
- At the moment you don’t know who might need your services.
- All you have to do is create some type of ‘bait’ your ideal client would love to eat.
- Create some type of free offering, i.e. a free report, a free webinar, a free presentation, a free book etc., you know your ideal client would love to consume.
- How do you know what they would love to consume?
- If you’ve done step 1 all you have to do is create the giveaway to help them solve a current problem they’re having as it relates to your coaching niche.
- The way you get your ideal client to raise their hand is to have a piece of information that’s going to appeal to a problem they’re currently experiencing as it relates to your service.
- It (giving information) is an easy, non-threatening way to do it.
- If they take the bait, i.e. if they download your free report, or ask you to send them your book, or show up to your presentation – now you have a potential ideal client.
- Now you have a great lead.
Step 4 – Build Trust, Credibility & Communicate the REAL Value of Coaching with Ideal Clients
- Coaching is a complex sale.
- Meaning – it requires a lot of TRUST before someone will invest in you.
- There are a few different aspects of trust you need to build…
- They need to trust you’re a credible expert (you know what you’re talking about)
- They need to trust in you as a person (so they can open up)
- They need to trust in your ability as a Coach (so they can get results)
- They need to trust they’ll get value from their investment (so they get an ROI, and won’t get ripped off)
- They need to trust they themselves will be able to achieve the result you’re pitching (inner trust)
- The way to build this type of trust in all these different areas is with the content you provide.
- It’s how you tell your story.
- It’s how you tell the story of your successful clients. (testimonials)
- This step is really all about providing value in advance.
- And doing it in a way that hits all of those trust, credibility, and value factors mentioned above.
- If you want a potential prospect to see the value of your coaching, provide value upfront, and for free, before you ever pitch them anything
- Building this type of trust to sell high-ticket coaching takes TIME
- If you want to build trust, credibility, and demonstrate the (high) value of your coaching – do it in advance of the sale.
- And do it over and over again!
- If you do this right, they’ll be chomping at the bit to work with you!
Step 5 – Get Them Pre-Sold and Excitedly Applying to Work with You
- How do you do it?
- You don’t want to just giveaway your first strategy session or discovery session to anyone who’s interested!
- If you’re struggling to get clients right now giving away your time does the exact opposite of what you want it to do…
- It doesn’t attract clients, it REPELS clients.
- We humans place a higher value on things that are scarce.
- Your ideal client needs to know working with you is a HUGE opportunity only afforded to a few.
- When you create this perception, you’ll have ideal prospects beating down your door to work with you.
- So here’s how you create this perception…
- First – you provide great, high value content upfront that demonstrates ALL of those trust, credibility and value factors as mentioned in the previous step.
- This get’s them excited and eager at the idea of transforming their life with your help!
- You must put barriers up between you and your ideal client.
- You must make it HARD for them to work with you – not easy.
- This makes you MORE appealing, and MORE attracting.
So when it comes to barriers the first, and most important one you must use as a Coach to make yourself and your services more appealing and more attracting is to have an application.
Apply to work with me and get a 30-60 minute consultation please APPLY HERE
The most important benefit of this is that you can weed out those that aren’t a good fit way before you giveaway your free time with them.
So at the END of each of your high value pieces of content, have some type of call to action to APPLY to get on the phone with you or depending on the circumstance, move into some type of deeper relationship with you. (I.e. maybe the call to action is to a webinar, or workshop, or your membership site etc.)
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share…Thank you 🙂
Sharing Is Caring!
P.S. If you would like to learn how to BRAND yourself and INCREASE your INFLUENCE just from Blogging.……..APPLY HERE to learn how to work with me .