Are you interested in increasing traffic to your blog?
Momentum is key in blogging.
It is a fact that the more you write, promote and optimize content consistently over time momentum builds and so does traffic.
Here are 6 essential blog tips that you simply can not ignore that will help you grow your blog traffic significantly by Ian Cleary, of RazorSocial.com
1. Increase your Email Subscribers
- As you build up your email subscribers every time you send out your email newsletter a percentage of those subscribers will click on the links and come to your website.
- Always keep building your email subscribers.
2. Optimize Your New Content
- Optimizing your content for SEO is just about building a basic process for every piece of content you write.
- Do your keyword research using Keyword Planner – read Razar Social’s article here>> Google Keyword Planner article.
- Find keywords that have reasonable traffic but that are not that competitive. To understand competition you need to understand domain and page authority.
- Write content and optimize it.
3. Create Content that Stands Out
- You can’t create amazing content all the time but at least once a month you should write a killer post.
- This could be an awesome guide to x, an infographic, a group post from a range of experts, etc.
- a) Do your keyword research and target a term that’s a little more competitive than normal and gets more searches – Use Google Keyword Planner.
- b) Optimize this post
- c) Link to this post from other posts on your site, this will give it a little lift.
4. Promote Your Content
- You could have amazing content but if nobody knows about it then you will not get links back to it and links are key to increasing your ranking.
- Social media is also an important way of promoting your content.
- For example:
- a) Somebody sees your article on Twitter and then they write a blog post and link to you.
- b) Someone reads about you on Facebook and then when they want to look up something in relation to your area of expertise they search Google.
- c) You share on Twitter and this content gets retweeted to lots of new people who never heard of you before.
- Proactively build your social media traffic, interact with your community and share out your content.
- Build a process you follow and implement tools to support this process.
5. Optimize Your Old Content
- You can always squeeze some more traffic out of existing posts so don’t forget about them.
- You can:
- a) See what posts get good traffic and do a little more optimization on those posts.
- b) See what posts are not getting enough traffic, link to them from other posts, do guest posts linking to them and promote them again on social media.
- c) Change the keywords your are targeting- reconsider the keywords you are chasing and go for easier keywords to rank on.
6. Write Popular Content
- You don’t have to constantly come up with new and innovative ideas for your blog.
- One of the best ways of getting links, shares and comments is writing content that has been popular for someone else.
- It’s not about copying their content.
- It’s about finding really popular content and writing a much better article.
- Your article could take a different slant, it could be more up to date or it could be more in-depth.
- If you use a tool like Topsy you can search for articles based on keywords that have the most links to the content.
- If the content gets a ton of links then it must have been popular.
- Or you can use Social Crawlytics to find articles on your competitor’s site that has the most shares.
Will you re-invent the wheel or do what works!
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share…….Thank You!
Sharing is Caring!
To Your Success,