Here Are The 7 Most Effective Tips for Content Marketing
Marketing is no longer just about selling your company’s product or service or about creating a brand that people can connect to.
“The most effective marketing campaigns focus on thought leadership and the best strategy to position your brand as a thought leader is through content marketing”……says Mark Lerner, Social Media Today
The 7 most effective tips for content marketing
1. Stop Selling
- The minute you start talking about how great your product is, the reader sees marketing blah blah and closes the page.
- Give your readers information they want and need.
2. Solve a Problem
- Figure out what your potential customers are searching for and help them solve that problem.
- Consistently offering objective information that solves or pre-empts your customer’s problems will ensure they come to you the next time an issue arises.
3. Blog Blog Blog
- Hosting a blog on your website is the easiest and most effective method of boosting SEO, sharing your content, and ensuring that your site is live.
- Every time a new blog is added, the search engines scan your site and boost your ranking.
- Aim to publish a new blog at least 2-3 times a week.
- Post on the same days each week so your readers know to stop by on a certain day.
4. Repurpose Content
- Here’s the beauty of content, it can be used for so many purposes.
- Combine a bunch of those wonderful blogs; add an intro, conclusion, and cover page and you’ve got a great and marketable whitepaper.
- Use the PowerPoint and your speech as the basis for a blog or slideshare.
- With an open mind and a little creative re-working, your content can easily be put to multiple uses.
5. Embrace Videos
- Videos are all the rage right now and easier to produce than you might think.
- With a decent script, you can take advantage of online tools to create presentations that will catch your customer’s attention.
- Stick it on your homepage or share it on YouTube to let people know what you’re all about.
6. Optimize for SEO
- Now that you’ve created all this wonderful content (blogs, whitepapers, videos, PPTs), you need to make sure the people, and search engines, can find it.
- Optimizing your content is easy and can really boost traffic to your site.
- Write a catchy title that will draw people in.
- Include Meta titles and descriptions featuring your keyword.
- There are wonderful tools and plugins available to assess your SEO.
- A personal favorite is Yoast, which ranks your content as well as tells you exactly what needs to be done to optimize your content.
7. Promote via Social Media
- Social media is one of the best ways to distribute your content.
- Networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ ……this is where your target audience is and the most effective way to reach them.
- Write little teasers for your content and share it with a link to get people reading, sharing, and enjoying your content.
- This will further your reputation as a thought leader and bring more traffic to your site.
Content marketing, done right, is the best way to make waves in your industry and position yourself as a thought leader.
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!