Do You Know How To Create Engaging Content?
It’s more important than ever before to create valuable content your readers will be compelled to share.
Here is how YOU can start creating ENGAGING content……just follow this 7 step formula, (as outlined in this pdf, authority-blog-checklist click here to get your copy now) and you don’t even have to be a “techie” to get real results!
Step #1: Discover compelling post topics
- Educate: make sure your readers learn something new in your posts.
- A good rule of thumb: you if you learned something writing the post, they’ll probably learn something reading it too.
- Entertain: let’s face it, a lot of web browsing is purely for entertainment.
- Avoid boring your audience at all costs.
- Don’t be afraid to share funny or moving stories!
- Inform: Keep your readers up to date on all the latest news.
- They’ll come to regard you as a go-to, trusted source.
- Your readers are looking for someone they can trust.
- Give considerable thought to what your readers are struggling with and what problems they’re looking to solve.
Step #2: Be consistent with your posting schedule
- Make sure you pick a steady pace and stick with it!
- Your readers expect consistency.
- Create a “30 day challenge” for yourself.
Stick with it! Step #3: Cultivate your expertise
- To create a following and build a relationship with your list, you need to become an expert on your subject matter.
- You can read 3 books this month if you put your mind to it.
Step #4: Make your design easy on the eye
- Design is crucial for user experience.
- If you don’t make your content and blog attractive, no one will stick around to read it!
- Here are a few navigation best practices:
- Use a two column (not three) layout
- Make sure your primary opt in form is “above the fold”
- Keep your navigation clear, simple, and effective
- Avoid clutter, especially excessive banners and social sharing buttons
- Pay attention to your load time
- Delay your pop-up to reduce annoyance (30 seconds)
- Here are a few tips for your posts:
- Use a larger font size for ease of reading
- Liberally use sub-headlines to break up your text
- Use featured images and images within your posts – blogging is a very visual medium
- Each and every post you write should incorporate each of the following elements for maximum effectiveness.
- 1. Human-optimized title
- Write for real people.
- Grab their attention.
- 2. Honorable mention: long-tail SEO
- Pay attention to your incoming search terms in your Google Analytics dashboard and create posts that match these queries.
- 3. The “Hook”
- Pay particular attention to your opening sentence and your opening paragraph.
- You should create enough curiosity to intrigue the reader and keep them reading further.
- 4. “Scanability”
- Your text should be easy to read.
- Use bulleted and numbered lists.
- Keep your paragraphs short, no longer than 3 to 4 sentences.
- 5. Call to action
- Never write a post without giving your reader an action to take – get on your list, purchase a recommended product, or share your post on social media.
- 6. Comments
- Closely monitor your comments.
- If someone took the time to leave a comment, you should take the time to reply – these will often be your most responsive prospects!
- 7. Signature
- Put a picture and a signature line at the end of all your posts.
- Provide a brief bio and links to relevant offers, social media accounts, or ways to connect with you.
Step #6: “Pillar content”
- One easy way to create regular content and add value to your readers is to write a structured series of posts on a single topic.
- Once you’ve written a series, you practically have a “mini-course” you can repurpose into “pillar content” for your site.
- Think of this like flagship content that represents your brand and unique positioning in the market.
Step #7: About page
- Your about page can literally make or break your site.
- Here are a few tips for crafting your about page:
- Tell your story, but don’t make it too personal
- Focus on struggle, inspiration, and triumph – let your reader imagine themselves in your shoes.
- Focus on what makes you unique, and what you can do for your reader
- Here are a few suggestions for your about page “CTA”:
- Sign up for your list (provide a list of benefits they’ll receive in your autoresponder)
- Opt in to receive your lead magnet
- Sell your product directly (Tip: offer a bonus)
- Explain the benefits of working with you on your team and promote your opportunity
Ok, there you have it, the 7 steps you need to implement for creating engaging content……now get going…..( click here to get your copy of “Authority Blog Checklist” now) you have people to help 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share……Thank you 🙂
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,