How Do You Know If You ARE Living A Life With No Regrets?
Here are 10 ways that you can be courageous and start living a life with NO REGRETS as inspired from Marc and Angel in their post “10 Courageous Ways to Live Life Without Regrets”
“Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing.”
Have you ever wondered what gives some people the willingness to move without fear or hesitation?
What do these people have that you don’t?
What’s their secret?
In today’s post I share Marc and Angel’s 10 all time-tested strategies for courageously living your life without regrets:
1. Be as weird as you are.
- Don’t be afraid to provoke the status quo.
- Maybe some of your ideas are crazy.
- But crazy ideas are what shake the world.
- Crazy ideas make revolutions.
- So don’t be afraid to be different, and don’t be afraid to break traditions.
2. Choose to act even when you’re unsure of your ability.
- Everyone has doubts about their abilities.
- You might think you’re not good enough, not smart enough, or not strong enough.
- And it’s OK if you’re not great at something, because you don’t have to be.
- It doesn’t matter if you don’t do things perfectly either.
- What matters is that you dare to try.
3. Fearlessly follow your intuition.
- Intuition is seeing with the soul.
- It’s about giving your God-given instincts a say in the matter.
- So you need to be in the present and pay attention to your body’s sensations: tightness in the chest, goose bumps, odors, visions, etc.
- That’s your intuition
- Don’t be afraid to make decisions that seem a little irrational from the outside, yet feel totally right on the inside.
4. Stand up for your values (even at the risk of rejection).
- Never compromise your values.
- Don’t let the fear of being rejected stop you from affirming what’s important to you.
- The right people will respect you more and hold you in higher regard if you’re rigorous about your principles, if you’re honest, and if you stay consistent about what you believe in.
5. Speak your mind even if your voice shakes.
- At times, you may think your word has no weight. But it does (regardless of how miniscule you may think it is).
- Your opinion will be an eye-opener for some people, and it will be a source of liberation for others.
- We all have an altruist nature buried within.
- We all want to help the people around us in some way.
- So instead of being stuck in your mind, ask yourself how your thoughts and words might help the ones around you, and focus on them instead of the ones you believe might judge you.
6. Be willing to be vulnerable.
- Nothing is wrong with telling someone else how you truly feel.
- Sharing something personal makes you stronger in people’s eyes, and most importantly in your own.
- Being able to show the real you when most people would rather hide behind a fake mask is an admirable quality.
- So don’t be ashamed to shed a tear.
- Being vulnerable only shows that you’re able to face the truth – even the hard truth – with dignity.
- Open yourself up.
- Allow yourself to feel, to be mindful and authentic.
- Tear down any emotional brick walls you have built around yourself and experience every exquisite emotion, both good and bad.
- This is real life.
7. Be willing to be judged.
- Don’t let fear of embarrassment stop you from trying something new.
- Shying away from trying something new stops your growth and your evolution.
- It stops you from acquiring new skills and knowledge.
- If you think your new project might seem ridiculous to some people, turn those thoughts around in a funny or a disarming way, and go ahead and take the classes that interest you.
- And if people judge you for it, feel sorry for them, for simple minds are usually amused by simple things.
8. Admit when you’re wrong.
- So when you know you’re wrong, instead of trying to protect your self-esteem in the eyes of others, hold your tongue for two minutes, take a deep breath, and find the lesson.
- Consider the fact that being wrong is OK, and then admit that you are wrong.
- Yes, it’s hard.
- Yes, it takes strength to admit it, but it makes you more humble and commendable.
- And even more importantly, realize that when you’re wrong, you’re meant to be wrong so that you may outgrow the things you need to outgrow.
9. End hurtful relationships.
- One of the very hardest parts of loving someone: You have to give things up for them. And sometimes, you even have to give them up.
- Of course, it’s always difficult to let go of someone you care about (or cared about) without getting hurt in the process.
- Even if this person has hurt you a hundred times, you start thinking of all these what ifs – these maybes about the future.
- But that’s just the thing… there’s nothing concrete and reliable about these feelings and fantasies.
10. Forgive (even when you’ve been deeply hurt).
- Forgiveness isn’t holding on to someone who hurt you; it’s coming to peace with what happened and moving forward with your life, one way or the other.
- Some of us have a tendency to hold grudges against people.
- We’re unable to let go of the past.
- But grudges are a toxic emotion – an emotion that can rot inside you and turn you into a bitter, egotistical zombie.
- Know that pain is short-lived.
- Emotional pain is a call to acknowledge it and address it, instead of letting it get the best of you.
- In fact, forgiveness is the sweetest revenge.
- If you can forgive someone who did you wrong, you’re at least one step ahead of them in the karma department, and one step ahead of everyone else who’s still holding on to old grudges that are holding them back.
Life is not about maintaining the status quo.
Life is not about playing it safe.
Life is not about standing still.
It’s about connecting with your soul, respecting your integrity, and telling yourself that you’re able. It’s about taking a few steps, regardless of how little they may be, so you can move forward, and evolve so, don’t be afraid to let go of your inhibitions. Don’t be afraid to be disappointed. Don’t be afraid to get hurt.
Be daring and courageous!
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share….Thank you 🙂
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,