Are You Still Wasting Money on Getting a College Degree, (and have nothing to show for it?)
“Qualifications, degrees, diplomas, accreditations are all certainly useful. A lot of us have them and spent a bucket load of money on them (or are still paying those degrees off!), but they DO NOT equal expertise”……says Leah Hynes and Nazrin Murphie (Live Your Legend.com)
[tweet_box design=”default”]“If everyone waited to become an expert before starting, no one would become an expert. To become an expert, you must have experience. To get experience, you must experiment.” – Richie Norton[/tweet_box]
Learning leads to knowledge. Experience leads to expertise. So, the #1 reason you don’t feel expert enough may be because you have next to zero experience in the area you are passionate about. Getting into the ‘arena’ is the most amazing education – and something that money simply cannot buy.
1. Tap Into Your Existing Skill Sets
- What you may not already realize is that you currently have in your possession skills and talents that other people desperately need.
- And the reason you can’t see these things is because they come so naturally to you that you easily discount them.
- Perhaps you are:
- an incredible listener
- a talented graphic artist
- an amazing story teller
- a captivating speaker
- What is one thing you currently have in your possession that others could benefit from?
2. Embrace Your Uniqueness
- We all have our own unique expression of who we are.
- You will simply never feel expert enough if you’re trying to be a carbon copy of someone else.
- You needn’t worry if you’re expert enough in a particular field because your version of the thing that you’re passionate about will be your own unique expression in the world.
- It will have your own special ‘edge’ and flavor.
3. Provide Epic Value For Free
- When you lead from a place of genuinely wanting to help people rather than simply from a place of trying to make money, the world seems to help you in return.
- Some examples of “FREE” value:
- If you want to be a coach, mentor or teacher, find someone you feel ‘safe’ with to coach or teach for no charge
- Run a mini workshop – at your office or local meetup on a subject area you know well and are passionate about.
- Provide value ‘just because’ – for example, review the design of a friends website and offer to provide feedback/suggestions for improvement.
- Provide a service
- Write a ‘How to’ eBook or guide
4. Take Advantage of The Market Gap
- Have you noticed there are many ‘experts’ out there that are simply out of reach to people just starting out on their journey – either due to cost or availability?
- Those super successful people can only serve so many people, and this leaves a huge gap in the market for you to help those who are a few steps behind where you currently are.
- It allows you to more easily relate to the struggles or pain points of those only a few steps behind.
- It’s as simple as taking your unique knowledge of a topic and sharing that with others.
- A few simple ways to bridge this gap:
- Put things into action immediately.
- Did you read something recently that you thought was incredibly eye opening? Verbally share that idea, thought or topic with someone else.
- Create a free 5-part video series
- Give back! When someone does something that you find massively helpful, TELL them how useful it was to you and why.
Knowing all of this stuff makes zero difference if you aren’t ready to do something with it.
Are you ready to accelerate your journey to living your most amazing life, truly experiencing the joy of being an expert and helping one (or perhaps hundreds) of people along the way?
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share…..Thank you 🙂
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,