The Art of Copywriting……How to Write Persuasive Copy
You may feel you need to be a “real writer” to be good at copywriting
You may think your writing skills aren’t good enough.
You read, and re-read your copy.
You can’t quite put your finger on it.
How can you improve it?
Just follow the right process of copywriting, by turning average text into persuasive copy, with these 13 tips from Henneke
Start with understanding your reader by sneaking into his mind to find out exactly what is stopping him from buying with your copywriting words.
Tip #1 – Avoid filler phrases like “excellent customer service”
- Because it is an empty promise…..
- Everyone says that
Tip #2 – Avoid superlatives
- Because they are hypey and no one believes them
Tip #3 – Use sensory words
- Because they help build a vivid picture
Tip #4 – Focus on beliefs
- Because readers what to know what is in it for them
Tip #5 – Mention problems
- Who doesn’t want to avoid glitches, problems and hassle
Tip # 6 – Overcome objections
- Don’t walk away from difficult questions
Tip #7 – Focus on your reader
- Stop talking so much about yourself
Tip #8 – Don’t use exclamation marks
- Because they are a sign of a sleazy salesman
Tip # 9 – Ask questions instead
- Because questions engage your reader
Tip #10 – Never address your reader as part of the crowd
- Because we are individuals
Tip # 11 – Use specific examples
- Because specifics increase credibility
Tip # 12 – Tell mini stories
- Because we enjoy reading stories
Tip #13 – Make your call to action BOSSY
- Never use the word “IF” in your call to action
Understand your audiences’ wishes, dreams and secret desires and then simply tap into these desires with your words.
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,