Here’s How To Attract People Using Your Content
Do you use content marketing for your business?
Today, I would like to share from Social Media Examiner, all about the power of content marketing
One of the keys to content marketing is consistency.
Today’s content marketing is not about distracting the customer; it’s to attract them with useful content.
You need to provide valuable, relevant and compelling content and deliver it consistently.
You should position yourself as the go-to resource in your industry.
Here’s where to start with a content strategy
- It starts and ends with the same thing: “Who is your buyer?”
- It’s important to have a deep understanding of whom you want to try to communicate with.
Then you’ll need to answer:
- What’s your objective?
- What’s the outcome for the buyer?
Know what you can be the leading expert in
- Once you know your niche, you can start to build an editorial program around it and discover what tools work best to tell your story with.
- If you build a loyal audience, magic can happen in any business.
In order for social media content to work, you must have interesting content that people want to share.
- Before you go into any of the social channels, you have to think about buyers’ informational needs.
- Think about what their pain points are and how you’ll create a conversation through social media that will not only make an impact on their lives, but also tie into your business.
- Word of mouth is more targeted than traditional advertising.
- It doesn’t cost you anything to get people to talk about your brand.
- The key to success is to make the connection between content marketing and social media.
These 6 principles , from Jonah Berger’s book: Contagious: Why Things Catch On ,drive people to talk and share.
1. Social currency – One of the greatest ways to employ social currency is to make people feel like insiders.
- You need to make them feel like they are part of a special club or have some sort of status that nobody else has.
- Not only is it good for them, it’s good for the brand to
2. Triggers – The idea of a trigger can include sight, sound, smell or anything in our environment that will activate something else in our mind.
3. Stories – Stories provide a way to convey information in a narrative form that makes everyone lean in because they want to find out how the story ends.
- You need to think how you can build a story that acts as a vessel or carrier for your brand.
6. Practical value It’s all about being able to understand the motivation or the drivers that cause us to pass things on.
**(You can check out Jonah Berger’s book: Contagious: Why Things Catch On…..to learn about the other three remaining principles, Emotion, Public, and Practical Value.)
Successful businesses are communicating with prospects on social networking sites and directing them to the material the prospects need to make an informed decision.
- Businesses that successfully convert new customers from social media create and distribute content that provides proof points to the sale.
- Successful businesses will use social media and content to keep customers satisfied.
- Use social media and content marketing as a customer-service tool to increase satisfaction and referrals.
- Your current and future customers are using social media.
- Make sure you have well-planned content marketing and give your social media team the information they need to share the content your audience needs.
If you’re a marketer, you should only care about three things when it comes to content marketing:
- Is it driving sales?
- Is it reducing costs?
- Is it creating happier customers?
You need to ask yourself, “What’s different about the people who engage with our content versus those who don’t.”
Do you integrate content marketing with social media?
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!