7 Tips On How You Can Become More Persuasive
Do you want to become more Persuasive?
These 7 tips from Carol Morgan , Lifehack.com, can help you to become more persuasive and get what you want easily…..ENJOY…..
We all use persuasion every day, whether we know it or not.
“Getting someone to comply with what you want them to do can take place in many different contexts”……says Carol
Regardless of what context you are applying your persuasive skills, here are 7 useful strategies that can help you get what you want easily.
1. You need to give your “audience” what they want and desire.
- Let’s face it: we’re all inherently self-centered.
- If something doesn’t make us happier or our lives better, we are not very interested in it.
- So in order to persuade your “audience” , you need to tell them how it is going to benefit them.
- You can’t just focus on yourself or they will tune out.
- If you focus on helping them achieve their wants and desires, they will be ready to sign on the dotted line.
2. Don’t require the “audience” to change too much.
- Human beings are not only self-centered‒many of us are lazy too
- It is much easier to persuade people on simple things
- Audiences need to be exposed to a message multiple times before they even consider changing their attitudes or behaviors.
3. Make your audience like you.
- Be nice, friendly, and connected.
- Make sure you think about the impression you’re giving off at all times.
4. Make your audience trust you.
- People are more easily persuaded by others that they trust.
- In order for you to get people to do what you want them to, you need to gain their trust.
5. Use emotional strategies to persuade them.
- One of the easiest ways to persuade someone is to use emotion.
- Great examples of this are the television commercials that show the starving children in third world countries.
- The visual images are very sad, and so it makes people want to give money to help them.
- It is not ethical if you use guilt to manipulate someone on purpose.
- But appealing to positive emotions like love, happiness, belonging, or togetherness is a great way to get your “audience” to agree with you.
6. Use logic to persuade your audience.
- It’s important to remember to use logic sometimes
- The best thing to do is to combine logic with emotional appeals.
- That way, you will likely influence everyone in some way.
7. Use your personal qualities.
- If you are an expert on the topic, make sure the audience knows.
- Be dynamic.
- Be engaging.
- Your audience will be much more persuaded if you give them reasons why they should pay attention to you.
- People are very easily persuaded by people they know or respect.
- Selling yourself is key to persuading others.
Sometimes persuasion can be easy.
Sometimes it’s difficult.
As long as you keep these 7 tips in mind, you will be very successful in getting what you want.
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring !
To Your Success,