Build Your Brand Using Content
How do you build your business brand around content?
Here are 3 steps to help you build your brand utilizing content from Sharmeen Akbani Gangat, founder and CEO of The Glocul Group….guest blogger for Firepole Marketing
Step #1: Identify Your Most Interesting Thing
- The first step to building your brand – what you can think of as your reputation – is to discover the one single thing that’s most interesting about you.
- Whatever it is, explore that.
- You don’t have to be an expert.
- Simply know what makes you YOU.
- Think of it this way: what would you say if you were talking to your ideal client?
- There must be something about you that will make them leap out of their chair and say “Yes! You’re the one!”
- Don’t think too much about what your audience wants to hear; focus on what you have to say
- Create good content around that what makes you unique, and you’ll be well on your way to establishing your reputation.
Step #2: Determine Your Style
- Instead of trying to compete on quality, give some thought to your style.
- Your style gives your content a signature touch that no one else can provide.
- That’s what will make your post stand out.
- Set the tone for what people should expect when they hear or read your name.
- Because, in the online space, your credibility comes before the quality of your product or service.
Step #3: Find Your People
- Find the people who are interested in your style and your content.
- Don’t aim for buyers, or customers.
- Think instead in terms of building an audience of people who can become your fans and rave about you to everyone they know.
- In today’s social media age, what you create is not only for your audience.
- It is for their friends, colleagues, and every one else in their networks.
- In fact, your content is aimed at these people first, since they are the gatekeepers to your audience.
- You need to reach out to them first if you are to get to your target audience.
So, how do you pull all three of these steps together into a plan that works, but doesn’t take up all your time?
Let Your Reputation Work for You
- When you’re first starting your online entrepreneurial journey, focus first on building your online reputation before you start focusing on building your business.
- Be known before expecting to be bought from.
- Your name should reach people before your content.
- After you achieve a certain level of visibility and credibility (you hit your target number of subscribers, publish a set number of guest posts, or whatever it is you are aiming for), switch your focus to your core business.
- Don’t stop producing content……Your reputation does still need some fuel to keep it moving.
- You can: create good content consistently
- Curate content intelligently. ( in other words, solicit guest posts or recommend articles by other authors).
It’s a fact that people place a premium on brands and reputation, and are willing to forgive mistakes by brands they know and prefer.
Work Smarter, Not Harder
You can create a body of good content that showcases your unique gifts and style in a way that will really resonate with your audience.
Remember, once you’ve built up that reputation, you can use it to advance your business goals.
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a few minutes and share…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,