Using Social Media To Help You Build Your Email List
Email has a long-standing reputation as one of the most valuable assets an online business owner can have.
Since you need to be on social media, why not use it to leverage your time by building your email
Here are a few easy-to-implement tips that you can start using today to get your email list building off to a good start with social media from James Parsons, Audiencebloom
Integrate Sign-up Forms Into Your Social Profiles
- If you’ve got a decent social following, it’s time to use that fact to your advantage.
- This means prompting your followers to sign up for your list.
- A good approach on Twitter and Google+ is to simply include a link to the sign-up form in your bio.
- It’s non-intrusive but still present, which gives people who genuinely like what you have to say the opportunity to keep tabs on what you do.
Include a Sign-up Link on Every Page of Your Site
- When you’re engaged with people on social, they’re more likely to click through to your website.
- Much of the time, your social media traffic will point to internal pages on your site.
- Your followers will click links that you post.
- They usually aren’t going directly to your homepage.
- So, if you only have the sign-up form on your homepage, these social followers are going to miss it.
- Don’t let that happen!
- It’s easy to integrate a sign-up form into your sidebar or directly within your blog posts.
Share Exclusive Content That Links to a Landing Page
- Another way to get some email sign-ups out of your social following is to link directly to a landing page that includes the sign-up form.
- Free giveaways and exclusive content are an excellent way to encourage people to sign up.
- We’re talking free ebooks, infographics or premium article series here.
- This kind of content captures people’s attention and makes them want it — so much so they’re willing to input their email address to get it.
- Once you’ve created this outstanding content.
- Share tidbits of it on your social channels.
- Think of it as a teaser.
- Then, make it very clear that your followers can gain access to the entirety of the content if they sign up.
- You should see a significant boost in sign-ups, especially if your content is really good.
- At the end of the day, people love to get stuff for free, so it’s in your best interest to take advantage of that fact.
Hold a Contest on Your Social Channels
- Contests are one of the best ways to build your email list on social media.
- It’s a really great way to boost your subscribers quickly, especially if you’re still in the early stages of a marketing campaign.
- You’ll simultaneously increase sign-ups, improve brand visibility, and expand your reach because people love to share contests with their followers.
- You can host a contest in any number of ways.
- On Facebook, you can include a contest app in a tab.
- You can also promote it directly in your timeline.
- Several great apps exist that actually make signing up to your email list as a method of contest entry.
- Such apps include Rafflecopter, Fan Appz, and Offerpop to name a few.
- You can cross-promote these contests on your other social networks as well like Twitter and Google+.
- That is, you can tweet about the contest, even if it’s based in a Facebook tab.
- Spread your reach as wide as you can for the best effect.
All of these above strategies work well for making use of social media to build a healthy email list.
Just make sure your primary focus is creating and sharing high quality content.
Your list building efforts will be best received when you offer something of use to your target audience.
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a few minutes and share…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,