Building A Strong Email Subscriber List…..Here’s What You Need To Know
Here is a list of 4 email marketing tips that will serve as a blueprint for your business to build and maintain a strong email subscriber list….from Carly Stec, Impact Branding and Design
Unlock the potential of email marketing with these 4 tips
1. Find the Right Time
- With all of this email flying around, how can your business be sure that your emails are receiving the type of attention that you feel they deserve?
- It does have a lot to do with timing.
- There are windows in which certain types of email content should be sent in order to achieve the highest click-through rate.
- The timing varies depending on your industry and target audience.
- Take note of the information put forth by researchers, and utilize A/B testing until you find a time frame that delivers the greatest results for your specific business.
2. Make Use of Segmentation
- The key to successful email communication is careful, and strategic list segmentation, as it eliminates your businesses’s chance of coming off as spam-y.
- Even if you only offer one product or service, it’s likely that your business caters to more than one type of customer.
- These customer subcategories are also known as your buyer personas, and they serve as a critical defining aspect of the way you carry out your marketing efforts.
- It’s likely that your expanding list of email subscribers all fall at very different points within the sales funnel.
- By generating a clear understanding of who your buyer personas are, and how they differ, your business can begin to divide your email marketing efforts so that they fall into the hands of the right people.
- Sending emails that apply and appeal to the audience they are intended for are more likely to garner the results that you expect.
3. Make Sure the Content is Useful
- To ensure that you are providing your email subscriber list with enough reason to continue on with their subscription, you must learn to place a heavy emphasis on creating the type of content people want to receive.
- What does quality content entail?
- Pull from your own experiences
- A newsletter is often a great way to keep people up to date with what’s going on at your end.
- What strategies is your company employing?
- What resources are you pulling inspiration from?
- Answer your buyer persona’s questions
- Try doing a little research on social media, or online discussion forums to uncover what pain points are specific to your ideal customers.
- By answering the questions that they have, you’ll be able to effectively prove your credibility as a valuable source of information.
- Focus on educational content
- If you’ve got a ton of offers, whether it is eBooks, webinars, whitepapers, or infographics, find a way to incorporate these resources into your emails.
- Knowledge-based content allows your company to set themselves apart, as it highlights your expertise, and works towards making it simple for your subscribers to visualize your worth.
4. Some Unsubscribers Can’t Be Saved
- That’s a lot of email accounts, but lets face it, they’re not all going to love you.
- The cold hard truth is that despite your best email marketing efforts, you are bound to lose a subscriber every now and then.
- Whenever you lose a few subscribers, take the time to sit down and take a look at your current email marketing strategy.
- Try to identify what areas need improvement, and what areas seem to be delivering the best results.
- The “it’s not you, it’s me” cliché doesn’t necessarily apply to each and every subscriber lost, in fact, sometimes there is nothing you could have done to prevent it.
- Rather than let a few unsubscribers get you down, use it as a motivation to continue to create, innovate, and produce email content worth reading.
If you enjoyed this post, and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share…….Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,