How You Can Build A Successful Business Blog
Most of you have been told that having a blog is the best way to connect with your customers, to generate leads and to become an established expert in your niche and you also heard it’s the #1 strategy you need for inbound marketing, but did you also know that it’s one of the best ways to (ultimately) increase sales.
“While business blogging CAN be fun, says Kim Garst, I know you are not doing it simply for your own enjoyment……..You are doing it to grow your business and to increase sales. Period“.
No more blogging just because you ‘should’ just follow these 19 strategies from Kim and then sit back and watch your blog increase your leads, authority and sales!
1. Be serious about posting regularly
- Don’t just post when you feel like it.
- Be intentional about what and when you post, and stick to a schedule.
2. Stick to a schedule….BUT be flexible
- Be prepared to jump on breaking news.
- If something big happens in your industry, don’t be afraid to change your schedule to keep current
3. Be a fly on the wall to find out what your audience REALLY wants
- Through visiting niche forums, and reading blog comments and emails, figure out what your audience wants you to write about (as opposed to what you THINK they want to learn about).
4. Decide WHO you’re writing for
- Who is your ideal customer?
- What does he or she want to learn about?
- You can’t please everyone all the time, so don’t even try
5. Decide WHAT the #1 goal of your blog is
- Assuming it’s to drive business, what do you need to implement to make this happen?
- What does your online sales funnel look like?
- How does your blog fit into your funnel?
6. Determine your voice
- How do you want your customers to perceive you through your writing?
- Fun and casual?
- Professional and authoritative?
7. Decide if you can do this yourself
- Be realistic about how much time you have to commit to blogging, and whether you have the skills that are necessary.
- Plan to delegate or outsource your blogging if necessary.
8. Have an opinion
- Don’t be afraid to be a bit controversial at times; you are a real person with real opinions and ideas!
9. Follow your own process
- When writing, do what works best for YOU.
- Some experts say to draft an outline first, but if you find writing off-the-cuff works best (and your audience loves what you write), then forget what the experts say
10. Write for scannable reading
- The majority of your readers will scan and skim your content, not read it word for word.
- Format your posts with this in mind
11. Be generous about giving away your knowledge
- Make sure the vast majority of your content is available for free.
12. Spend time on your headlines
- Your headlines are the #1 factor that determine whether your posts will get read or not, so focus on attention-grabbing titles.
- For help with this, see Kim’s post The Ultimate Guide to Writing Social Media Headlines That Get More Clicks.
13. Ask questions at the end of your posts
- Explicitly ask readers to comment on your posts.
- It’s amazing how one small call to action can make such a difference!
14. Take the time to respond to comments
- Show you care by reading and responding to blog comments in a timely manner.
15. Pay attention to your analytics…but keep it in perspective
- Don’t obsess over data, but use it to determine whether your content is meeting its mark.
16. Respond to other people’s blog posts
- Read and comment on other people’s blogs to drive traffic and build relationships.
17. Make use of guest posting
- Post on other people’s blog, and have them post on yours.
- This is a great way to reach a new audience.
18. Regularly promote your posts on social media
- This is the #1 way to drive traffic to your blog posts.
19. Link to influential blogs within your content
- This is a great way to reach out to other bloggers and potentially get a link back to your site as well.
BONUS TIP Post your content to Scoop.It
- This lets other people curate your content and helps you expand your audience…without having to lift a finger!
You must utilize these 19 ways to make sure your blog is helping you to ACTUALLY grow your business.
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a few minutes and share….Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,