The 3 Most Effective Ingredients For Achieving Success
As a sales and marketing professional, you’re probably constantly looking for just the right ingredients to achieve success in your business.
While there’s no magic recipe that will work for everyone, there are in fact 3 effective and fundamental ingredients that you can use as your guide for success in this new year…..
Let’s break down these 3 effective BUT simple ingredients:
Ingredient 1 – TIME
Everything takes time and, whether we realize it or not, we make conscious decisions about how we spend our time and on what activities.
In sales, it is critical to use the limited time you have as productively as possible and not waste your energy — especially on doing low-yielding tasks.
- Action – Divide your day or week into parts by breaking them into these essential activities:
- Prospecting time:
- Schedule time with yourself to prospect and make new connections.
- Internal and External Meetings:
- Meetings can go one of two ways. They are either extremely productive and helpful or they are a complete waste of time with you leaving the meeting having gained no valuable information.
- Researching leads and new opportunities:
- This is a critical activity that all sales reps should be doing before making any first connection, but without the proper tools and resources, it can be extremely challenging and time-consuming to find the correct person with the information you’re seeking.
- Personal Development:
- Take the time to understand what you’re interested in and what you enjoy doing in your free time. Make a commitment to learning by signing up for free webinars, online classes, and networking events.
- When you focus on learning, by expanding your horizons and gaining new perspectives, it will enable you to have a clearer focus on the direction you want to take both your career and personal life.
- Account Management:
- Don’t forget to dedicate parts of your day/week/month to staying in front of your existing customers. Why? Because they are one of your greatest assets when it comes to collecting feedback for improvement and renewal business.
Ingredient 2 – Testing
If you’re not testing, then chances are you’re doing the same old thing day after day.
What sales activities you should be testing?
Processes: This is a combination of the various tactics salespeople use to reach their target audience.
Content Creation: As part of your Personal Marketing strategy, you should be creating quality content with the goal of building your network of followers and positioning yourself as a subject matter expert.
Consistency: When it comes to building your presence on and offline, consistency is key.
Ingredient 3 – Tenacity
Tenacity is a quality that comes from within. It’s the personal drive that moves you forward when everything else is saying stop. It’s having the determination and perseverance to get the job done, no matter the circumstances.
Developing and utilizing your tenacity is based on how you perceive something and if you’re willing to accept it.
Here are 3 ways you can shift your mindset the next time you’re not feeling so tenacious:
Focus on educating, not selling: It’s not about you, your company, your products, or your services, it’s about meeting customer needs and adding value.
Use questions to redirect the conversation: Questions like: What are you willing to spend? Are you the decision maker? Who is your competition?
Practice one more call every day: For instance, practice making one more call, sending one more email, or finishing up one more blog post. Whatever it is, make a habit of doing one more opportunity generating activity at the end of every day and over time it’ll become the norm.
At the end of the day….
If you want to consistently keep your pipeline full of quality opportunities while positioning your own credibility and subject matter expertise, then you should consider this simple recipe for success in 2017: Time, Testing, and Tenacity.
Selling is a complex process, but Time, Testing, and Tenacity are simple, effective ingredients for achieving success in it.
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share…Thank you 🙂
Sharing IS Caring!
To Your Success,