Is Your Content NOT Getting Found?
Creating content worth paying attention to is vital … but it’s not the only step.
“Once you’re pretty confident that your content does not, in fact, suck, you’ve got to put your big-writer pants on and actually promote that content”……says Sonia Simone (co-founder and Chief Content Officer of Copyblogger Media. Get more from Sonia on Twitter and Google+.)
Here’s where you want to put the bulk of your work and attention says Sonia….
1: Build your network
- You need to be building your network of web publishers.
- Those are the bloggers, web journalists, social media power users, and others who have the audience you’re looking for.
- Sonia’s two top tips for expanding your network and making connections with influential folks on the web?
- Do something epic-You have to do something (like create some fantastic content) worth paying attention to.
- Be a good egg-And you have to be the kind of person that others can stand to hang out with.
- Networking isn’t about sucking up to people you don’t like.
- It should be about cultivating relationships with publishers who are passionate about the same things you are.
2: Make it shareable
- As you’re building your network and creating all that epic content, remember to make it easy to share.
- Format it to be reader-friendly.
- Put a decent headline on it.
- Make it easy to share on social sites.
- Make it entertaining and useful.
- It’s all about delivering an experience that the audience wants to share with others.
3: Clones don’t win
- You’ll never be able to really effectively promote stale, “me-too” content.
- Your content needs a unique voice.
- It needs a point of view.
- You have to stand for something.
- You need a thumbprint — something about you, your approach, and your content that no one else has.
No matter how crowded and cluttered your topic is, there’s always a way to differentiate.
But you need to put the work in.
It can take time, and thought, and a lot of words written.
But there is always a way.
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,