Converting Your Passion Into Income
Did You Know That Living Off Your Passion Is a Right – For Everyone?
I bet you there’s something you love doing that someone else would be happy to pay you for right this second.
Let me ask you a few questions:
- 1. What are the things that consistently allow certain people to build a business and living around the things they love most, but allow the other 80% of the world to continue to drag themselves, day in and day out, to a job they can’t stand?
- 2. Why can some people charge seamlessly from one creative endeavor and passion project to the next, experiencing all sorts of success along the way, while many others can’t take the first step to finding their passion, let alone building a career around it?
As it turns out, the answers are pretty simple…
- The passionate people simply know what’s actually possible.
- They are crystal clear about the steps that work, so they don’t think twice in applying them to whatever the excitement of the day is.
- The rest of the world doesn’t know the first move to distinguish up from down.
“It doesn’t have to be that way”………says Scott Dinsmore (the founder of Live Your Legend, and the author of Live Off Your Passion: An Unconventional Guide to Finding Passion and Getting Paid to Do Work You Love.)
Living Off Your Passion Is a Right – For Everyone
Living off your passion is more possible than most realize.
You just have to condition it.
By following Scott’s 3 steps below, you can monetize your passion in record time if you want it badly enough.
The 3 Sacred Steps to Converting Passion to Income
1. Separate passion from reality.
- Start with brainstorming your passion projects in a way that encourages success.
- As humans, our immediate reaction to someone’s new idea (or our own) often is to figure out why it won’t work.
- The problem is that when you get critical of something the moment the idea comes up, it gets stomped out immediately.
- But if that idea were given say five or ten minutes of brainstorming whiteboard action, along with a solid dose of open, creative and non-critical discussion, it’s very possible that the idea would turn out to have some merit.
- This happens with passion every day—even if we’re just doing it in our own head (which is the most likely and most dangerous case).
- A lot of times when we task ourselves to think of our passions we only allow ourselves to play in part of the sandbox.
- Since the end goal is to find something we can make a living from, we subconsciously discard the ideas that are totally off the wall.
- We stifle our creativity without even knowing it.
- In order to have a fighting chance at developing world-changing business ideas or personal passion pursuits, you absolutely must separate the creative and the critical stages.
- Brainstorm your most far-out dreams of passion careers you can think of.
- Then wait for at least a few days if not a week or more before you start to get practical and critical.
- “Mark my words, says Scott , for every wild idea you come up with, I’m sure there’s already someone out there making a great living off it (and that’s a good thing)”.
2. Be the expert you already are.
- One of the most common barriers keeping people from making money from their passion is the belief that you don’t know something well enough to get paid to teach it to someone else.
- That’s just flat wrong – You know more than you think.
- Being an expert is purely relative and based largely on perception.
- The crazy thing is once you find something you’re passionate about, you’ll likely realize it’s something you’ve been learning and improving upon for years and maybe even decades.
- You have more experience with your passion than likely 99% of those around you, simply because you love doing it.
- If you’ve been on this earth for at least a couple decades, I guarantee you’re an expert at something.
- Give yourself some credit.
- Find what it is and find the people who desperately need your help.
- Combine the two and living off your passion starts to become a reality.
3. Do the impossible.
- We’ve been largely conditioned that it’s not possible to build a career around passion.
- So many people hate their jobs and many of us have decided to accept that as a fact of life.
- I did too, right up until I started meeting people who showed me another way.
- Listen carefully.
- The most crucial ingredient to loving your work and living off passion is to surround yourself with people already doing it.
- You must reverse the brainwashing.
- Spend time around enough people living squarely in their dreams, and living off passion not only becomes possible, it becomes probable.
- That shift in psychology will change your world.
- Once someone knows the process and is convinced not only that it works, but that it is indeed possible, their creative and business potential becomes limitless.
- It’s just a matter of time before they turn the passion of their choosing into a full-blown career.
- Start surrounding yourself with people doing the impossible.
- Don’t look back.
Often the first step to living off passion, and the most realistic for those scared of the threatening income gap, is to start working with people one-on-one.
Remember, there are things you are better at (and enjoy more) than the great majority of those around you.
There are also people actively looking for the expertise you have.
Find the right connection and you could begin making money from a passion tomorrow if you wanted to.
The great majority of people who have not been able to monetize a passion does not come down to lack of skill, nor lack of credentials or lack of experience.
It comes from lack of creativity and courage.
Combine those two with something that makes you come alive, and the world will be beating your door down to give you their money.
It’s that powerful.
And it’s that fast.
If you enjoyed this post, and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,