What Your Audience Really Wants
How To Know What Your Audience Really Wants
Today, I am going to share with you Chris Garrett’s tips on how to know what your audience really wants……listen up!
Your audience does not want your content.
Your audience probably does not want to hear from you at all.
If you think that because your website looks great that people will want to visit it … think again.
What do they really want?
They are looking for answers to questions, advice, and resources that help people like them get the stuff people like them want.
“When someone seeks out and clicks on your content it is only as a means to that end”…..says Chris Garrett
You have to remember that your audience are people with their own wants, needs, biases, motivations, and attention spans.
You have surprisingly little influence on their behavior.
If you manage to cut through the noise and present what you offer in a way that speaks to your target audience then you will succeed far more than being about “good content”.
It’s about being highly useful and relevant, it’s about serving that particular audience.
Here is how you can approach standing out in your market
- Do as much research as you can to determine who your existing audience is – their wants, needs, desires, biases and habits.
- Work out who you WANT as your audience – who can you most help, who do you want to help?
- Drill down the research – What groups do they identify with? How do they describe their tribe? What are they looking for and WHY? Where do these people want to go?
- Determine what you have to offer that intersects with what they want – more on this in a moment.
- Get visible – put your content and ideas in front of these people in as large quantities as you can – public speaking, guest posting, forum posting.
Next, you need to see if that solution matches a problem your target audience actually has.
Are there people looking for this?
Would they recognize the value if they happened across it?
What do your readers like the most?
- Your existing audience will tell you via stats, shares in social media, page views,
- You need to engage the audience you are attracting to see if they are growing to be a closer fit to who you want and if you are serving them.
- Also dig down under the surface to find out the deeper issues and desires.
Most importantly……Find real flesh and blood human beings and talk to them….engage your audience.
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE from Chris Garrett’s tips on finding out what your audience really wants, please take a moment and share…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,