If your content isn’t getting shared, you’re missing out on all of the following benefits, as your content is only seeing a fraction of its true potential.
Benefits of getting your content shared:
- Gives your brand more exposure, which increases your relevance and reputation among your target audience.
- You will get more visibility to your social profiles, which can increase your social media following.
- It registers your brand as more authoritative in Google’s search algorithm, which results in you ranking higher in searches, and of course generates more direct referral traffic
Here are the 7 reasons why your content is not being shared on social media from Jayson DeMers and how you can correct the issues effectively:
1. You aren’t saying anything new.
- People will only share something if it provides them with new information, or a new take on an older concept.
- Strive for specificity, and look for the new when coming up with new material.
2. Your headlines aren’t powerful enough.
- If your headline isn’t powerful, most people won’t even click on your link.
- Just make sure your title is concise, emotionally charged, and as descriptive as possible with at least one action-based word to encourage more activity.
3. Your length is off.
- If you only write a few hundred words, your content won’t have enough meat or depth to encourage your readers to share it.
- On the other hand, if your content stretches into several-thousand-words territory, people simply won’t have the energy to share it.
- Strive for the middle ground with content between 1,000 and 1,500 words.
- These tend to attract the greatest number of shares.
4. Your information isn’t useful.
- Practicality is one of the biggest motivators for social sharing, tutorials and how-tos aren’t the only types of practical information you can offer—you can also publish information that leads your customers to better-informed buying decisions.
- Check out the 12 elements of high-quality content to see if your content measures up.
5. You have no visuals.
- Visual elements are almost a necessity to influence a social share.
- Including just one image, or an embedded video, is sometimes enough to attract more attention and get a first round of people to share your material.
- It’s even better if you use visuals throughout your piece, or if your piece manifests in a purely visual form.
- Seeing is faster than reading, so the more concisely and the more visually you can present your content, the more shares you’re going to get.
- If you don’t have a visual, it’s all too easy to blend in with everything else in the newsfeed.
6. You offer no entertainment factor.
- What people more often neglect is the entertainment factor.
- You’ll need to amuse, engage, or otherwise interest your audience through some means of entertainment.
- Depending on your brand, this could be humor, a unique style, a hands-on approach, or an open end to a direct conversation.
- Make your piece interesting.
7. You aren’t targeting the right demographics.
- Remember that content marketing strategies can never focus on “everyone,” even though you might like to. (When you market to “everyone”…….you market to “noone”)
- In fact, the more specific your target demographic is, the better chance you’ll have at succeeding.
- People want content that’s especially written for them, so dig deep to get to know your average reader, and produce content that addresses his/her needs directly.
You can write good content and still have a sharing problem; and even if you follow all the best practices for social sharing, there’s no guarantee your pieces will go viral.
Stay patient, stay consistent, learn from your past experiences, and don’t be afraid to make tweaks—the more you grow, the better chances you’ll have at getting the shares you need.
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share….Thank you 🙂
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,
(P.S. – CLICK HERE for a FREE 10-day Online Recruiting Bootcamp that will show you an easy way to create a never ending stream of RED-HOT PROSPECTS ready to join your business today!)