Is There an Easy Formula for Writing Persuasive Web Copy?
As a copywriter/blogger, I am sure you have heard of the well-known copywriting formula which is known as AIDA: A – Attention I – Interest D – Desire A – Action
When people land on your website, you already have their attention. Your web visitors already clicked through to find out more about you. Your most important task then, is to create interest and desire, so they stay on your website.
So HOW do you do that?
- By ensuring that each of your web pages have a clear call-to-action that stands out and that encourages your web visitor to take the next step.
- You also need a clear and credible headline, bullet points, and an image that will let web visitors know they’re in the right place by making sure you draw them into your story so you can create desire for your product.
With that in mind…..
Here are 2 of the MORE POWERFUL copywriting formulas that you can start using now to create MORE interest and desire in your copy:
Powerful Copywriting Formula #1 – FAB
- FAB stands for Features – Advantages – Benefits.
- FAB reminds us to always focus on customers.
- Our customers aren’t interested in features, and they aren’t interested in specifications, they don’t even care about advantages.
- All they want to know is what you offer to them.
- How do you make them happier or richer?
- To create interest in and desire for your product you need to hone in on the benefits you offer to your reader.
Powerful Copywriting Formula #2 – PAS
- PAS stands for Problem – Agitate – Solution
- PAS is powerful because problems can attract even more attention than benefits.
- People want to avoid pain, hassle, risks, glitches, and problems.
- How does the PAS formula work?
- First you describe a problem, then you agitate by highlighting the emotions that go with the problem, and then you offer your solution.
No copywriting formula can guarantee that your copy will sell. You can write the most beautiful copy in the world, but if your copy doesn’t address your web visitors’ needs and problems, you’ve wasted your time with writing.
The only way to write powerful web copy is to understand what makes your reader tick. Know the pain points you can solve. Understand the fears you need to overcome. Utilize the PAS and FAB formulas in your copy to translate features into benefits that your customers care about and into problems they want to avoid.
The secret to writing good copy isn’t about picking the right formula; it isn’t even about choosing the right words or using short sentences.
What you write is more important than how you write it. Understand your customer as if you can read his mind…..Know HOW to sell to him. And your words will flow naturally.
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share……Thank you 🙂
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,