Executing a content marketing strategy for your business……what you need to know……
You need to face the fact that every day it gets harder and harder to get noticed.
It seems that everyone is just strumming away at this “content marketing thing” and the same ole same prevails.
Very few have truly unique tunes, so it gets perpetually harder to get people to tune in.
It’s easy to feel lost on the roller coaster that is called content marketing.
Trends & tactics change quickly, and we lose track of what to focus on most.
Here Are 5 Content Marketing Strategies/Tactics That You Can Start Implementing Today, From James Scherer, PostPlanner
1. Make images a top priority
- If you catch the eye of your audience, half the battle is already won.
- Focus your content strategy on using strong images in these ways:
- 3-5 blog posts per week — all with strong lead images to boost sharability
- Monthly infographics that present stats in creative, easy-to-digest ways
- Weekly Slideshare presentations that deliver tips, news & statistics graphically in easily embedded formats
- Just as videos & images in social media posts perform better than text & links for generating engagement from fans – the same holds true for your blog & other content.
2. Push your limits by wearing many hats
- You have to step up the quality of your content by putting time & effort into the appearance.
- Make your most valuable content as visual as possible, including:
- White papers
- Slide presentations
- If you expect ebooks, infographics & even blog posts to generate leads for your business, invest in professional graphic design tools to make this content as beautiful as possible.
3. Contribute to other websites
- Guest blogging provides opportunities for similar collaboration with influencers in your industry.
- Guest blogging is also an awesome way to build relationships with colleagues & influential people in your industry.
- You should guest blog because it:
- Increases brand awareness
- Helps promote bloggers in social media
- Drives traffic to your website
- It’s a fantastic way to build relationships with influencers in your industry
4. Be persistent
- Persistence-there is no single best practice or strategy that can make your brand awareness skyrocket overnight.
- Stick with your content calendar, and when something works — GO WITH IT!
- Test your content relentlessly.
- Persistence is critical to your content strategy — because only by writing a lot do you learn how to write well.
- Only by constantly working on visuals do you learn to create awesome images.
- And only by communicating often with powerful influencers in your industry do you see strong results from those marketing efforts.
5. Network with industry heavyweights
- Here’s how cooperating with others can affect your content strategy…
- Influencer marketing doesn’t just benefit you.
- Industry heavyweights also benefit from the smaller guys thinking they’re awesome
- Participating in webinars, Twitter chats & other presentations with industry experts spurs engagement — and it benefits the influencer by making it easier for them to land speaking opportunities in the future.
- Guest blogging on influencer sites builds your audience reach — while also providing valuable, high-quality material for blogs that need your killer stuff.
- Reaching out to influential blogs & people in your industry can be a scary thing.
- Here’s what James recommends:
- Be authentic
- Do not send mass emails
- Pitch a specific idea & explain why you think it’s awesome
- Do not cold call — engage with influencers first by commenting on their blog or via Twitter, Google+ or LinkedIn
Even though you can’t anticipate what’s coming around the corner — you can stick to what you’re good at & play to your strengths, you can stay ahead of the competition.
Remember to support your beautiful content with high-quality research & writing — and to reach out to influential websites & people, using the marketing & social media tips that were provided here.
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,