16 Tips To Help You Get More Traffic To Your Blog
Do You want more traffic to your blog?
Of course you do!
Boost your Blog traffic with these 16 tips to help you do just that by author, Shanna Mallon, PostPlanner
1. Share Your Blog Posts on Facebook
- People who follow you on Facebook expect you to share your links.
- In fact, Liking your page might be the easiest way for them to keep up with your updates.
2. Auto-Tweet New Blog Posts
- Simplify your social sharing by setting up your blog to automatically Tweet every new post as it publishes.
3. Pin Your Images to Pinterest
- Every time you publish a new blog post, share its images on Pinterest!
4. Link to New Blog Posts on Google+
- When you publish a new blog post, share the link on Google+, along with a little commentary & maybe one of the images from the post.
- This invites your audience to check out the blog post, while also alerting Google to your new content.
5. Add Sharing Buttons to Your Site
- Encourage your readers to promote your blog posts by making it incredibly easy for them.
- Add sharing buttons to your site that allow for one-click sharing.
6. Include Links Everywhere
- Place links to your blog in your email signature, on your personal Facebook profile, on your LinkedIn profile & so on.
- By sharing the link everywhere, you increase opportunities for others to find your site.
7. Go Where Your Audience Is
- If you’re a business blogger with a target audience of entrepreneurs, think of the places where entrepreneurs go online & get yourself noticed there
8. Leave Meaningful Comments on Relevant Blogs
- Subtly promote your site by being an interesting, thoughtful commentor.
- Not only do you let the blogger know about your site, but you also get your name in front of your target audience.
9. Link to Other Bloggers
- Post roundups of relevant links or stories, linking to the authors of those links & other bloggers.
- They often notice being linked to — and this draws attention to your site.
10. Reach Out to Bloggers Directly
- Find bloggers you relate to & admire — then send heartfelt notes to say hi.
- Those bloggers will often click through to your site — but more than that, they may become valuable connections in the blog world.
11. Always Respond to Comments
- Treat your existing readers well by being responsive.
- Respond to every comment & make readers feel part of a conversation
12. Blog Every Day
- Regular blogging is a great way to build traffic.
- More content means more opportunities for readers to find you — not to mention search engines.
13. Offer to Guest Blog for Other Sites
- Find industry sites with decent traffic & apply to write a guest post.
- When you write elsewhere, it gives you new exposure & directs readers back to your site
- Enlist Guest Bloggers for Your Site
- Finding guest bloggers for your own site is also beneficial in building traffic.
- Not only do guest bloggers keep your site fresh with new content, but also they often tell their friends & fans to check out their post, sending you new visitors.
14. Write Clear, Compelling Titles
- When people search for content related to your subject area, you want to compel them to click your links.
- Ensure every title you write clearly conveys its subject matter & make them interesting enough to draw interest.
15. Solve a Problem
- Meet a need for readers & you become highly valuable.
- And when you’re a valued resource, readers share your content with others, bringing you new traffic.
16. Write Something Controversial
- You don’t want to overdo controversy, but if you feel strongly about something & are willing to take a risk, boldly post.
- Controversy tends to draw high traffic, if only because it evokes readers’ passions.
- Be careful with this one, though — being too controversial can backfire, sending readers away
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,