Here’s How To Grow Your Email List With Social Media
Are you looking for ways to get more email subscribers?
Would you like to move social media fans and followers to your email list?
To grow your email list, there are ways you can make use of the engagement you have with your social media audience to turn your followers into subscribers who’ll become long-term customers.
Here are the 5 ways that you can use social media to build your email list from Brian Honigman, Social Media Examiner
1 – Use a Simple Sign-Up Form
- Set up a simple email sign-up form on your social media channels to make it easy for your most invested fans to easily subscribe to your list.
- On Facebook, dedicate a tab at the top right-hand side of your page for an email form.
- Then, people simply have to click on the icon to visit the sign-up form.
- Make sure to use an image and call to action in this tab to incite people to click and subscribe.
- To encourage your followers to subscribe, it is recommended that you add a link in the bio and/or About section on Twitter or Google+ to the email sign-up form you host on your website.
2 – Preview Premium Content on Your Social Channels
- If you have eBooks, white papers, infographics, long-form articles or other premium content you give away, gate each one with an email sign-up form landing page to generate subscribers from that content.
- Tweet, post and share excerpts of content from your premium resources on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Google+ to drive interest and traffic to the landing pages that gate them.
- Always include a visual component to these updates to ensure you’re receiving the most clicks, engagement and traffic possible.
- Use concise, intriguing and informative copy in your social updates
3 – Share an Incentive for Newsletter Sign-Ups
- A little push is the only thing some people need to take action and subscribe.
- Social media will draw further attention to your incentive.
- A discount, exclusive content, a free sample, a special thank-you, a coupon, etc., are all things your business can share on social media to encourage people to subscribe to your email list.
- Be sure to include an image and a strong call to action when posting about one of these incentives.
4 – Host Webinars to Gain Subscribers
- Hosting a webinar about your business or industry is an engaging way to share the human side of your business by presenting a person from your organization to discuss a relevant topic with your audience.
- One of the goals of a webinar for your business is to capture leads in the form of email subscribers.
- If you host your webinar on a Google hangout on air, be sure to share links to resources that have a landing page sign-up form to collect emails from your efforts.
- Use social media posts to drive traffic to these sign-up forms and your email list will grow.
5 – Hold a Contest, Sweepstakes or Giveaway
- One of the most effective ways to build your email list using social media is by using contests, sweepstakes and giveaways.
- Many marketers’ host contests and similar promotions to grow their following on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and elsewhere, but one of the main goals of these promotions should always be to increase your email subscribers.
- After you’ve published your contest, promote it on all of your social media accounts to drive new traffic to the contest and increase sign-ups to your email list.
Hopefully the tips in this post help you reach out to the people who already follow you on social media to increase the rate of new subscriptions.
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,