How To Utilize Blogging To Grow Your Professional Network
Blogging is a great way to engage your existing contacts, as well as reach a new audience.
Below are six core networking strategies from Mike Fishbein, Lifehack, on how blogging can help you accomplish each of them.
1. Offer Value
- The most important first thing you must do is to make the effort to be helpful and add value to your contacts before expecting anything in return.
- Blogging is a great way to deliver valuable content that is of interest to your network.
2. Build Your Reputation
- People like to have professional relationships with others they respect, admire, and/or see as potentially being valuable to their career or business.
- Blogging is a great way to display your expertise.
- When people understand the value that you have, they be more inclined to stay in touch with you or connect you to others in their network.
3. Be Authentic
- Blogging is a great way to build rapport.
- When you write in an authentic voice, your character shines through.
- Tell stories and share your opinion to show your character and help people get to know you.
4. Cast a Wide Net
- People are often inclined to share great content with their peers and via their social channels.
- By reaching a wide audience, you increase the chances of people reaching out to you directly.
- To increase your visibility, simply write awesome content that people enjoy and get value from.
5. Stay in Touch
- Sharing blog posts on social networks such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter, is a great way to stay on top of the mind of your connections.
- If you don’t stay in touch with busy people, it can be easy for them to forget about you.
- Simply seeing your blog post on their LinkedIn feed can be enough for you to stay in touch with people.
6. Promote your Network
- Promoting people in your network is a great way to be helpful.
- Linking back to a contact’s blog or website when contextual to a post you’re publishing is a small but still nice way to promote your network.
- When your network gets stronger, you get stronger.
Writing content that’s valuable to your audience and displays your expertise is an effective way to build your professional network
Blogging is a great way to stay in touch, update, and build rapport with your network.
Creating a blog is only the first step to truly reaching your audience.
If you do not have a blog yet, you can create one here>>>>CLICK HERE NOW
If you enjoyed this post, and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!