A Simple Formula For Writing Persuasive Copy
The Easy Formula For Writing Persuasive Copy
Do you ever wish that there was an easy formula for writing persuasive web copy?
What if you could just follow a few rules to write web copy that converts web visitors into buyers?
When people land on your website, you already have their attention.
Your web visitors already clicked through to find out more about you.
Your job is to create interest and desire.
To get your web visitors interested, you need a value proposition that entices a scanner to start reading.
- You need a clear and credible headline, bullet points, and an image.
- You need to let web visitors know they’re in the right place.
- Tell them there’s a strong possibility they’ll find what they’re looking for.
- Draw them into your story so you can create desire for your product.
In today’s post I am going to reveal Henneke’s simple formula for writing copy
Please pay attention………….
1. A powerful copywriting formula: FAB
FAB stands for Features – Advantages – Benefits.
- FAB reminds us to always focus on customers.
- Our customers aren’t interested in features, and they aren’t interested in specifications, they don’t even care about advantages.
- All they want to know is what you offer to them.
- How do you make them happier or richer?
To create interest in and desire for your product you need to hone in on the benefits you offer to your reader.
2. Another powerful copywriting formula: PAS
PAS stands for Problem – Agitate – Solution
- PAS is powerful because problems can attract even more attention than benefits.
- People want to avoid pain, hassle, risks, glitches, and problems
- How does the PAS formula work?
- First you describe a problem, then you agitate by highlighting the emotions that go with the problem, and then you offer your solution.
“When you understand that people are more likely to act to avoid pain than to get gain, you’ll understand how powerful this first formula is. (…) It may be the most reliable sales formula ever invented.” ~ Dan Kennedy
Here is the harsh truth about copywriting formulas…..
No copywriting formula can guarantee that your copy will sell.
You can write the most beautiful copy in the world, but if your copy doesn’t address your web visitors’ needs and problems, you’ve wasted your time with writing.
The only way to write powerful web copy is to understand what makes your reader tick.
Use the PAS and FAB formulas to translate features into benefits your customers care about, and into problems they want to avoid.
Know the pain points you can solve.
- Understand the fears you need to overcome.
- Appreciate the desires you can fulfill.
The secret to writing good copy isn’t about picking the right formula; it isn’t even about choosing the right words; and it isn’t about using short sentences.
What you write is more important than how you write it.
Understand your customer as if you can read his mind.
Know how to sell to him……And your words will flow almost naturally.
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE from these persuasive tips from Henneke, please take a moment and share…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!