Be A Leader That Attracts Quality People
How You Can Be The Leader That Attracts Quality People
“If you want to be a leader who attracts quality people, the key is to become a person of quality yourself”. – Jim Rohn
Leadership is the ability to attract someone to the gifts, skills, and opportunities you offer as an owner, as a manager, as a parent.
What’s important in leadership is refining your skills.
All great leaders keep working on themselves until they become effective.
Today, I want to share with you Jim Rohn’s Leadership Challenge…..Enjoy!
Learn to be strong but not impolite
- It is an extra step you must take to become a powerful, capable leader with a wide range of reach.
- Some people mistake rudeness for strength.
Learn to be kind but not weak
- We must not mistake weakness for kindness.
- Kindness isn’t weak.
- Kindness is a certain type of strength.
- We must be kind enough to tell someone the truth.
- We must be kind enough and considerate enough to lay it on the line.
- We must be kind enough to tell it like it is and not deal in delusion.
Learn to be bold but not a bully.
- To build your influence, you’ve got to walk in front of your group.
- You’ve got to be willing to take the first arrow, tackle the first problem, discover the first sign of trouble.
- Like the farmer, if you want any rewards at harvest time, you have got to be bold and face the weeds and the rain and the bugs straight on.
- You’ve got to seize the moment.
Learn to be humble but not timid
- You can’t get to the high life by being timid.
- Some people mistake timidity for humility.
- Humility is a virtue; timidity is a disease.
Learn to be proud but not arrogant.
- It takes pride to build your ambitions.
- It takes pride in your community.
- It takes pride in a cause, in accomplishment.
- The key to becoming a good leader is to be proud without being arrogant.
Learn to develop humor without folly.
- In leadership, we learn that it’s okay to be witty but not silly; fun but not foolish.
Finally, you must learn to deal in realities and in truth.
- Save yourself the agony of delusion.
- Just accept life as it is.
Life is unique.
Leadership is unique.
The skills that work well for one leader may not work at all for another.
“The fundamental skills of leadership can be adopted to work well for just about everyone: at work, in the community, and at home.” – Jim Rohn
If you enjoyed this value from the wisdom of Jim Rohn on How to be a great leader, please do yourself a favor and share with all whom you feel would benefit from knowing this information…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,