You’re About To Discover How To Be The Must Have Resource For Your Market
How To Make Your Site The Must Have Resource In 6 Easy Steps
Why do you blog?
Is it for traffic and attention?
“If you blog to get more visibility, then you have a lot of company”……says Chris Garrett
One of the major reasons companies and individuals create content is to increase their share of attention, to build credibility, and to grow an audience.
How do you get your site to become a major resource for your market?
Here are Chris Garrett’s 6 easy ways to step up to becoming the number one site in your niche….
1. Go Beyond “Daily Content” if You Want to Stand Out
- Stop thinking about blogging, or article marketing, or just turning out content.
- It’s not about just sticking to a regular schedule of content but about creating something beyond everyone else in your niche.
- It has to be unique, it has to be rich, it has to be professional quality.
2. Create Truly Valuable Resources
- Your reputation will be built on sharing content that people want to consume and share.
Ask yourself the following questions when looking at your content:
Will the visitor come away having learned something useful?
Is this the best article we could create on this topic?
Are we using compelling headlines, stories and structure?
- Destination sites create content that matters, that lasts, and that has impact.
3. Write Content with Personality, Interaction and Character
- Adding personality and interaction into the mix will take it to the next level.
- Audio, video, webinars, live events, even just comments and social media, all combine to convey connection and personality, but only if they are built with that in mind.
- People will be much more likely to become advocates if they feel connected and valued rather than mere consumers.
4. Create a Compelling Customer Experience
- You are going beyond just throwing content up onto a website.
- You need to make it easy and enjoyable to interact with your website.
- Use large fonts so that people can read more easily.
- Make information easy to find, through navigation, labels, linking and search.
- Add large, impactful images that help tell the story.
- Encourage interaction so readers feel a part of the experience.
5. Social Sharing and Google
- If you do all the stuff mentioned above, then you will get more social sharing and more Google traffic!
- This is because you will stand out from the crowd.
- What you have to remember is even when taking into account Social and Google, it is human beings who share, link and search.
- Using persistent navigation, categories, tags, and related (or most popular) content can all aid spiders and visitors to find more of the content they are looking for.
Create landing pages that serve to …
- Educate your audience – Aggregate all your best information about a topic in one place. For example, you might talk about condos, or you might talk about specific communities.
- Attract search traffic – Optimize the page to your sought after keywords and link to the page a LOT.
- Get social shares – Give call to actions to encourage sharing.
6. Remember … Retention!
- Get people to join your email list!
- Email is the number one way you can have future attention on tap (providing you treat your subscribers well … customer experience again).
- If you can’t get them on your list, at least give people reasons to follow you in social media so you can continue the connection.
- Why should someone return?
- Make it easy for people to stay in touch!
Becoming the must have resource of your market does not come easily, and it does not come from doing the same things everyone else does.
Take it one step at a time and focus on your audience!
If you enjoyed these 6 steps to making your site the must go to research for your niche by Chris Garrett, and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share with all whom you feel would benefit…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,