Creating A “How To” Headline That Will Captivate Your Audience
Captivate Your Audience With These “How To” Headlines
Headlines in any form are always important.
Creating an attention grabbing headline for your articles and videos is crucial since that is how you will get individuals to pay any attention to it and read it!
You can write a headline in an infinite number of ways.
However, certain types of headlines have proven themselves repeatedly for many years.
By following the “formula” of these headlines, you can give yourself an edge when you are serious about persuading someone to read and respond to your copy.
Here are 10 tips and tricks I learned that will captivate your audience over at CopyBlogger http://copyblogger.com when developing a “How to” Headline for a piece of content.
TIP #1 – “How To’s”
- Concentrate on the Benefits of your “How to” and make sure you put it in the headline.
- ***Remember Benefits, Benefits,Benefits!
- You can even double the benefits right in your headline.
Just fill in the blank with two Benefits.
How to ______________ and ________________.
TIP # 2 – Headline templates
- Just fill in the blanks
- “How to [Mundane Task] That [Rewarding Benefit].”
- This formula can save you tons of brain power and precious time.
TIP # 3 – Focus On The Benefit You Will Be Delivering.
- For example, “How I Made a $3,000 Table for $250,” or “How I Got 25 Leads in 2 Days.”
- With this formula they know exactly what they are getting and curiosity will lead them right into your content.
TIP # 4 – Who Else Wants [blank]?
- Starting a headline with “Who Else Wants…” is a classic social proof strategy that implies an already existing consensus desire.
TIP # 5 – The Secret of [blank]
- Share insider knowledge and translate it into a benefit for the reader.
TIP # 6 – Here is a Method That is Helping [blank] to [blank]
- Simply identify your target audience and the benefit you can provide them, and fill in the blanks.
TIP # 7 – Little Known Ways to [blank]
- A more intriguing (and less common) way of accomplishing the same thing as “The Secret of…” headline.
TIP # 8 – Here’s a Quick Way to [solve a problem]
- People love quick and easy when it comes to solving a nagging problem.
TIP # 9 – Have a [or] Build a [blank] You Can Be Proud Of
- Appeal to vanity, dissatisfaction, or shame. Enough said.
TIP # 10 – What Everybody Ought to Know About [blank]
- Big curiosity draw with this type of headline, and it acts almost as a challenge to the reader to go ahead and see if they are missing something.
There are many, many other ways to write a headline but whatever strategy you choose, don’t make a decision too quickly.
Take time to brainstorm.
Write dozens or even hundreds of headlines.
“You never know exactly what you want to say before you say it, so giving yourself plenty of choices is the surest way to arrive at the best, most powerful headline”…….says Dean Rieck of CopyBlogger.
If you enjoyed these tips and tricks from CopyBlogger and found TONS OF VALUE, please do yourself a favor and share with all whom you feel would benefit from knowing this information…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,