Creating a lead magnet that converts……..what you need to know
Do you have trouble getting conversions?
Do you often wonder “Why don’t people opt into my lead magnet? What am I missing?
I can totally relate which is why in today’s post I am sharing with you, how you can start creating lead magnets that convert from Victoria Drought, Optinmonster now…..are you ready?
“A successful sales funnel begins with a lead magnet. But not just any lead magnet. You need an opt-in that attracts quality leads and build trust by helping your prospects navigate a problem, implement a strategy, or by giving them a useful tool or resource.“………says Victoria Drought, Optinmonster
So, what exactly is a lead magnet?
- A lead magnet (also known as opt-in bribe) is an incentive you offer to potential buyers in exchange for their contact information such as name, email, phone number, etc.
- There are different types of lead magnets, but often they are downloadable content such as eBook, white-paper, checklist, video series, or another type of strategy guide that is helpful to the user.
- In order for your lead magnet to be effective and high-converting, it needs to meet the following criteria:
- It’s easily consumed
- It’s action-driven–lead magnets need to provide a tool/skillset, or useful information that your audience can apply.
- It creates noticeable improvement
- It’s free.
- It’s relevant.
- It’s instant.
Whether you offer a lead magnet on your website, a landing page, or via social media, it should be of value to your prospects.
Here are 2 strategies you can apply to create and test a lead magnet that attracts your ideal customer, increases your opt-in rate, builds your reputation as a problem solver, and ramps up sales.
Use data to build a successful lead magnet
- Data is the driving force in creating a lead magnet that gives value to your ideal prospects.
- But what exactly should you be looking for?
- The short answer: you’re looking for data that reflects the needs, wants, struggles, and disposition of your target market.
- Here’s how you can retrieve that info:
- Look for information that separates your customers from the herd.
- To attain it, think about why your customers would seek out your business in the first place.
- Consider the solutions they’re looking for, and how your specific solutions create a greater impact.
- Use this information as a compass to build a value-driven lead magnet.
- Factor in real-time behavior. Uncover where existing web traffic comes from.
- What ad did they click on Facebook?
- What search terms did they use to find your website?
- How long do they stay on your site?
- What blogs do they read most?
- You’ll find answers in real-time behavior that predicts the needs and wants of your future leads.
- Use Google Analytics for a snapshot rundown of your target customer.
- With this tool, you can see spending habits and user preferences at a glance. (Access Google Analytics here.)
- The last and most obvious way to get data?
- Your customers
- Send out a survey or work with the feedback already given to you, and you’ve got the framework for a successful lead magnet.
Split test your Lead Magnet format
- When you’re creating lead magnets, it’s very important that you A/B test them to see which type of lead magnets convert well with your audience.
- A/B split testing allow you to see what your audience prefers and which offer converts best.
- Here are a few split testing variable ideas:
- Test in-depth how-to guides versus short checklists.
- Try different subjects — an industry trend versus an actionable tool.
- See the difference between varying calls to action, from filling out a form to calling a phone number.
- Split test visual lead magnets (videos and infographics) versus written lead magnets (guides and checklists).
Now that you know what is a lead magnet, what makes a good lead magnet, and how to make one, start by creating your lead magnet today and boost your email signups.
(If you enjoyed this post, then checkout Optinmonster’s 27 clever lead generation ideas to boost conversions.)
If you found TONS OF VALUE in this post, please take a moment and share….thank you 🙂
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,