Dazzle Your Readers With Metaphors
How To Grab The Attention Of Your Readers With Vivid Metaphors
Get your creative juices flowing with these tips from Henneke on how to be more dazzling to your readers by using metaphors
Metaphors allow you to make the complex simple and the controversial palatable. Conversely, metaphors allow you to create extraordinary meaning out of the seemingly mundane.
~ Brian Clark
You know your writing needs to stand out.
You want to inspire your readers to take action, change their beliefs, or to buy something.
You may be asking yourself…..How can I attract attention in a sea of blogs?
Here are a few reasons why you should use metaphors
- Metaphors can make your writing more personal, more memorable, and more persuasive.
- Metaphors compare two things to explain or to entertain.
- They spice up your writing
- They’ll make your audience read on, and come back for more.
- Metaphors create vivid images in your reader’s head – making it easier to understand and remember your message.
- Metaphors engage the right brain – just like stories.
- They by-pass rationality and lower defenses to sales pitches.
- That’s why metaphors can make you more persuasive, and help you win business.
Metaphors work best when they’re simple, unexpected, and concrete:
- Create a quick picture rather than a lengthy story. You lose your reader, if you need to do a lot of explaining.
- Surprise your readers. Present a fresh angle on an old topic.
- Try making your metaphors sensory, so readers can experience your words. When readers can see, feel, smell, taste, or hear something, they’re more likely to engage and remember.
No matter what industry you’re in, no matter what topic you write about, you can find metaphors to make your writing crisp, lively, and persuasive.
How to add personality to your blog with metaphors
- They will automatically make your writing more vivid.
- You can add an extra dose of personality by focusing your metaphors on one or two topics that are close to your heart.
- Your choice of metaphors provides a simple way to connect with your readers.
- Decide what you want to write about.
- How are your going to help your readers?
Make your metaphors as vivid as possible.
Appeal to the senses to dazzle your audience.
Consider your audience when creating metaphors.
Will they understand what you’re talking about?
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE with these tips from Henneke, please take a moment and share…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,