Here’s How To Develop More Discipline
Do You Have What It Takes To Develop More Discipline?
“What we do on some great occasions will probably depend upon what we already are, and what we are will be the result of previous years of self-discipline.”
– H.P. Liddon
Discipline is doing what you really do not want to do, so you can do what you really want to do.
Here are three areas on where you can develop discipline by Brian Tracy
1. Disciplined Thinking.
- One of the major differences in this discipline of thinking is that people that think their way to the top have the ability to do “sustained thinking.”
- They have the ability to think on an issue for a long period of time, until that issue becomes clear on the decision that should be made.
- People who do not think their way to the top have the unwillingness of discipline to master sustained thinking.
- They will think about something for a while, and then they will get off it and go on to something else.
2. Disciplined Emotions.
We have choices when it comes to our emotions
- –We can master them
- –They can master us.
3. Disciplined Actions.
- The two actions of initiating and closing are the “bookends of success”
- Some people can initiate but they can never close
- Some people that can close but they can never get it cranked up.
- You have to kick start them every time.
- When you can do both, initiate and close, you have the bookends to success.
A closing thought about developing discipline:
“You cannot give what you do not have, and self-improvement precedes team improvement. The only way that I can keep leading is to keep growing. The day I stop growing, somebody else takes the leadership baton. That is the way it always is”. – Brian Tracy
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!