How You Can Develop Skills To Improve Optimism
Here Are The Skills You Need To Improve Optimism
Need To Improve Your Optimism?
Today, I would like to share with you, a few skills you need to develop in life for better optimism…..Thanks to MarcandAngel.com for these awesome tips!
Optimist: Person who travels on nothing
from nowhere to happiness.
Some people are more optimistic by nature, but optimism is not a fixed attribute.
It’s a choice we have control over.
Every morning, we either choose to wake up grumpy or wake up with a positive outlook.
We can all develop skills to improve optimism.
Here are a few ideas to help get you started:
Find the opportunity in every difficulty.
‘Optimist’ is a word which here refers to a person who focuses on the positive.
- Optimism does not mean ignoring the problem entirely; it means understanding that setbacks are inevitable, often temporary, and that you have the skills and abilities to combat the challenges you face.
- What you are dealing with may be difficult, but it is important to remain hopeful and positive about a brighter future.
Surround yourself with positive people.
You are only as good as the company you keep.
- Make it your mission to dodge negativity.
- Surround yourself with supportive friends who have positive outlooks.
Give love, receive love, and invest in love.
LOVE: It’s the greatest force in the universe.
- It’s a treasure that people would give anything for, yet it costs nothing to give and receive.
- There is an endless supply, and it can be extended to family, friends and strangers at any moment.
- It increases positivity and acts like a shield against negativity.
- It forgives, heals, encourages and inspires.
Be realistic, and expect ups and downs.
A foundation of realism keeps things in perspective, and helps prevent things from being blown out of proportion.
- Just because you’re an optimist doesn’t mean you’re not going to have bad days.
- You will – that’s reality.
- Life isn’t always rainbows and butterflies.
- Prepare for the worst but hope for the best – the former makes you sensible, and the latter makes you an optimist.
Inspire yourself with a smile and positive reminders.
If you expect the worst, the worst will happen.
- If you let things bother you, they will.
- But if you smile, you’ll feel better.
- Feed your optimism with positive reminders…
- “Anything is possible.”
- “Lead a life of positivity.”
- “The only thing I can control is my attitude towards life.”
- “I always have a choice.”
- “Even the longest journey begins with a single step.”
- “I will look at the sunny side of everything and make my optimism shine.”
Work on the things you can control.
Pessimism is impractical because it causes you to spend time dwelling on negative things that haven’t happened yet, while simultaneously preventing you from getting things done now.
- Pessimism breeds indecision.
- It’s a waste of time, and time is a limited resource that you can’t afford to take for granted.
- The solution?
- Acknowledge the things you can’t control and don’t become a victim.
- Stop thinking about what is happening to you, and start thinking about what you can do to make it better.
- Know that you almost always have a choice.
Count your blessings.
There is so much good, so much beauty, so much love in your life you just need to pause long enough to appreciate it.
- Do so.
- This will help frame a better attitude and take your mind off of the negatives.
Appreciate that nothing in life is permanent.
Nothing is permanent.
- However good or bad a situation is now, it will change.
Focus on the present.
People often obsess themselves with the past and the future.
- But life is happening right now.
- You can’t learn something or remember something that’s happening now if your mind is stuck in another time.
- It takes about eight seconds of intense focus to process a new piece of information into your long-term memory.
- So don’t let your life and your mind slip away.
- Instead of dwelling on the past or worrying about the future, practice being and living in the present moment.
- Remember, right now is the only moment guaranteed to you.
Right now is life.
If you enjoyed these tips and found TONS OF VALUE, please click on the “like” button and share…..Thank you!
SHARING IS CARING!
To Your Success,