5 Easy Steps To Finding Your Ideal Client (hint….it is all about honing in on your target market)
What I’m about to share with you may not be revolutionary or mind-blowing – but it works……..Over and over again.
As a business owner, you will want to pay attention to the following 5-step formula that has been proven to finding ideal clients for your business by rapidly building their trust and credibility and showing you how to get them pre-sold and excitedly APPLYING to work with you….
Step 1 – Define Your Ideal Client
- First of all, you need to know what their problems are, what their biggest fears are, what their frustrations and desires are.
- What would motivate them to invest 1000’s in your coaching.
- If you don’t know what these are – interview them, or ask them with a survey.
Step 2 – Go Where Your Ideal Client Hangs Out
- Once you’ve defined your ideal client – you will know exactly where they hang out.
- You’ll know what magazines they read, what forums they attend, what events or networking groups they go to, what sites to put your advertising on etc.
- Go there
Step 3 – Get them to identify themselves as ideal clients
- At the moment you don’t know who might need your services.
- All you have to do is create some type of ‘bait’ your ideal client would love to eat.
- For example: Create some type of free offering, i.e. a free report, a free webinar, a free presentation, a free book etc.,
- How do you know what they would love to consume?
- If you’ve done step 1 all you have to do is create the giveaway to help them solve a current problem they’re having as it relates to your coaching niche.
- Giving information is an easy, non-threatening way to do it.
- If they take the bait, (i.e. if they download your free report, or ask you to send them your book, or show up to your presentation) – you will have a potential ideal client.
- Now you have a great lead.
Step 4 – Build Trust, Credibility & Communicate the REAL Value of Coaching with Ideal Clients
- Coaching requires a lot of TRUST before someone will invest in you.
- There are a few different aspects of trust you need to build…
- They need to trust you’re a credible expert (you know what you’re talking about)
- They need to trust in you as a person (so they can open up)
- They need to trust in your ability as a Coach (so they can get results)
- They need to trust they’ll get value from their investment (so they get an ROI, and won’t get ripped off)
- They need to trust they themselves will be able to achieve the result you’re pitching (inner trust)
- The way to build this type of trust in all these different areas is with the content you provide.
- It’s how you tell your story of your successful clients. (testimonials)
- This step is really all about providing value in advance.
- If you want a potential prospect to see the value of your coaching, provide value upfront, and for free, BEFORE you ever pitch them anything
- Building this type of trust to sell high-ticket coaching takes TIME
- If you do this right, they’ll be chomping at the bit to work with you
Step 5 – Get Them Pre-Sold and Excitedly Applying to Work with You
- How do you pre-sell them?
- If you’re struggling to get clients right now giving away your time REPELS your prospective client.
- Remember…..we humans place a higher value on things that are scarce.
- Your ideal client needs to know working with you is a HUGE opportunity only afforded to a few.
- When you create this perception, you’ll have ideal prospects beating down your door to work with you.
- Here’s how you create this perception…
- First – you provide great, high value content upfront that demonstrates ALL of those trust, credibility and value factors as mentioned in the previous step.
- This get’s them excited and eager at the idea of transforming their life with your help!
- You must put barriers up between you and your ideal client.
- You must make it HARD for them to work with you – not easy.
- This makes you MORE appealing, and MORE attractive
So when it comes to barriers the FIRST, and most important one you must use as a Coach to make yourself and your services more appealing and more attractive is to have an application and the most important benefit of this is that you can weed out those that aren’t a good fit way before you giveaway your free time with them.
To do this you need to make sure that at the END of each of your high value pieces of content, have some type of call to action to APPLY to get on the phone with you or depending on the circumstance, move into some type of deeper relationship with you. (I.e. maybe the call to action is to a webinar, or workshop, or your membership site etc.)
You can apply to work with me and get your FREE 30-60 minute consultation by APPLYING HERE now 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share…Thank you
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,