7 Ways To Grow Your Email List
Capitalize And Grow Your Email List With These 7 Proven Tips
The big question is: How can you capitalize on email’s best features to grow your audience and generate more leads and sales?
Here are 7 ways to do exactly that from KISSMetrics…..Enjoy!
1. You need to make your opt-in form prominent
- You own your email list, so put those sign-up forms where visitors will see them and be compelled to use them.
2. Better yet, make the opt-in form impossible to miss
3. Make the “What’s in it for me?” crystal clear
- The value proposition of your email should hit visitors over the head almost immediately.
- Show them the answers to “What’s in it for me?” and they’re much more likely to sign up.
- Make sure your blog posts deliver awesome content regularly is a big factor.
4. Create and offer a high-value white paper
- Look at building your email list as an exchange.
- Your customer, or prospect, gives you their email address and you deliver value to them in return.
- While this value can take a seemingly infinite number of forms, a favorite among marketers is the white paper.
- A white paper, using Wikipedia’s definition, “is an authoritative report or guide helping readers to understand an issue, solve a problem, or make a decision.”
5. Run a contest that engages your readers
- Contests, when well constructed, create a fun and engaging experience for your readers.
- While there are many forms a contest can take – trivia, content submission, user voting – the key is to ask entrants to register for participation with their email address.
- As with a white paper, you need to offer value to your reader in exchange for their email address.
6. Publish a newsletter with niche-specific information
- Newsletters are the workhorses of email marketing as they allow you to deliver value to your readers on an ongoing basis.
- Begin your content newsletter with your readers’ needs in mind.
- Offer useful information, not just veiled sales material.
7. Monitor the right metrics – and put them to the test
- Perhaps the most important aspect of your newsletter, and for that matter, all of your email efforts, is your analytics panel.
- While there are a seemingly infinite number of items you can monitor, pay close attention to your delivery, open, click-to-open, share/forward, spam complaint, and unsubscribe rates.
- Once you baseline these rates, start testing!
- Try different subject lines, article content ideas, and images.
- You might even test HTML vs. text emails.
- The end goal is to create a system of consistent and persistent improvement in order to build 1-to-1 relationships with your customers.
“Compared with all of the hype around social media and SEO, email might not seem like the sexiest digital channel these days”……says Hunter Boyle, (lead powerhouse and a veteran content marketer and optimization strategist)
Think about the digital real estate that you own – your email list – and why it consistently ranks among the highest ROI channels.
It’s clear that, unless you’re growing your list and testing regularly, you’re leaving a ton of money on the table.
And there’s nothing sexy about that, right?
If you enjoyed these 7 tips and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share with all whom you feel would benefit from knowing this information…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,