5 Simple Tips To Help People More Effectively
Help People More Effectively With These 5 Easy Tips
“We choose our destiny in the way we treat others.” ~Wit
As Gandhi said, “The best way to find yourself is in the service to others.”
“I truly believe that we are all life coaches. We always have opportunities to help the people in our life with the challenges they’re facing.” – says Phil Drolet, a Peak Performance Coach
Use these 5 simple tips to start helping people more effectively…and enjoy the blissful feeling of knowing you’ve made another person’s life better.
Tip # 1. Ask powerful questions.
- Your job is to ask the questions that will help them find the answers that are buried within them.
- Don’t be afraid to ask follow-up questions and really get to the root of the issue.
- Here are a few good questions to add to your repertoire:
- “What do you really want?”
- “What’s your heart telling you to do?”
- “What’s a more empowering way you could look at this situation?”
- “What’s one thing you can do right now to make things better?”
Tip # 2. Listen patiently.
- Once the other person starts opening up, you might be tempted to jump in and offer your brilliant advice.
- But hold your tongue and listen.
- This is how you’ll really get to the core of the issue.
- Listen, be fully present, and make your interlocutor feel as though they’re the most important person in the world.
Tip # 3. Put yourself in their shoes.
- One of the most important aspects of helping others is empathy—the ability to put yourself in their position.
- The reality is, we all have a different background, philosophy, and perception of the world.
- You need to make an effort to see things from their perspective to really give them your full contribution.
Tip# 4. Don’t be afraid to speak the hard truth.
- The greatest gift we can give people is to be honest with them, even if that means telling them something they might not like to hear at first.
- This honest feedback is what will help them shift their beliefs and move forward in their life.
Tip # 5. Give love.
- When someone’s going through a hard time, you might not be able to ask them the question that will give them an “aha” moment, or to provide them a paradigm-shifting piece of advice.
- But one thing you can always do is give them your love and support.
- Love has incredibly healing qualities, and sometimes telling someone, “I believe in you” can literally change their life.
- Never underestimate the magical powers of love.
Time has taught me that helping others is one of the simplest ways to fill our life with joy and fulfillment.
Every time someone comes to you for guidance or support, you’re being given a wonderful opportunity to not only serve your purpose, but also to make a meaningful contribution to their life.
If you enjoyed these awesome tips by Phil Drolet, and found TONS OF VALUE, please do yourself a favor and tell everyone who you know that you feel will benefit from knowing this information……Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,