What can you do to jumpstart a Twitter initiative using 140 characters or less?
Social media (Twitter included) marketing must include calls to action
Calls to action (CTAs) are an essential part of inbound marketing.
Their goal is to convert a user into a lead, and, later, into a customer.
They are a way for you to entice your social media audience to focus on the action your want them to take.
Here are the 4 best Twitter calls to action from social media today….
1. Ask for a download
Have a new product to promote that’s available for download?
- Tweets in timelines that explicitly ask people to download from an included link increase URL clicks by an average of 13%. Tweets in search that feature this call to action increase clicks by an average of 11%.
Tips from Twitter:
- Give people clear direction
- Offer an incentive to click
- Use hashtags and @ mentions sparingly to keep users focused on one action
- You can also set a deadline to increase the sense of urgency
2. Ask for a retweet
Want to turn followers into advocates and generate earned media?
- Offer a clear, compelling reason to retweet your messages. This increases retweets by an average of 311%.
- Spell out the word ‘retweet’ instead of using ‘RT’
- Tell your audience why your Tweet is worth sharing by giving them something valuable in return
- Keep formatting clear and simple so people know exactly what you want them to do
3. Ask for a follow
Want to reach new audiences on Twitter?
- It could be as simple as asking for a follow.
- Twitter’s data shows that tweets that asked for a follow increased responses by 258%.
Twitter’s suggestions for improving effectiveness:
- Highlight the exclusive content you’re offering, e.g. “Get a sneak peek at exclusive new products” or “See what goes on behind the scenes”.
- Provide an incentive to follow you by promoting contests and prizes
4. Ask for a reply
Want a response from Twitter users?
- Ask for it.
- Tweets that ask for a reply increase replies by an average of 334%.
- Replies increase 307% when this call to action appears in search results.
Twitter tips to improve response rates:
- Get personal in your Tweets
- Use a conversational tone
- Combine the question with a contest or other exclusive incentive
To have more success with Twitter, just follow these tips from Social Media Today and you will be on your way…..If you enjoyed these tips and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!