How To Let Go: The 4 People You Must Forgive
Letting Go…..The 4 People You Must Forgive By Brian Tracy
There are four people you need to forgive if you are serious about changing your life and learning how to live in the now.
The first are your parents, living or dead.
- You must absolutely forgive them for every mistake they ever made in bringing you up.
- At the very least, you should be grateful to them for giving you life.
- They got you here.
- If you are happy to be alive, you can forgive them for everything else.
- Never complain about them again.
The second person or persons you must forgive are the people from your marriages or relationships that didn’t work out.
- These intimate relationships can be so intense, and so threatening to your feelings of self-esteem and self-worth, that you can be angry and unforgiving toward those people for years.
- But you were at least partially responsible.
- Have the personal strength and integrity to say, “I am responsible,” and then forgive the other person and let him or her go.
- Say the words, “I forgive him/her for everything and I wish him/her well.”
- Each time you repeat this, the negative emotion attached to the memory will diminish.
- Soon it will be gone forever.
The third person you must forgive is everyone else in your life who has ever hurt you in any way.
- Let them go.
- Forgive every boss, business partner, friend, crook or betrayer who has ever caused you grief of any kind.
- Clean the slate and forgive to forget.
- Wipe each of their names and images off by saying, “I forgive him/her for everything, and I wish him/her well.”
- Repeat this statement each time you think of the person or situation until the negative feelings are gone.
The fourth and final person you have to forgive is yourself.
- You must absolutely forgive yourself for every silly, senseless, wicked, brainless, thoughtless or cruel thing you have ever done or said.
- Stop carrying these past mistakes around with you.
- That was then and this is now.
- Think of it this way.
- When you did those things in the past that you still feel badly about, you were not the person you are today.
- At that time, you were a different person, younger and less experienced.
- Stop beating yourself up for something that occurred in the past that you cannot change.
- Just say, “I forgive myself for every mistake I ever made. I am a thoroughly good person and I am going to have a wonderful future.”
- Whenever you think of that event or situation, just repeat, “I forgive myself completely.”
- And then get on with your life.
- Focus on the future rather than the past and don’t look back.
- Look at where you are going rather than where you have been.
Your goal is to free yourself, to regain your peace of mind, and to get on with the wonderful life that lies ahead of you.
Here is a FREE eBook — Best of Brian Tracy’s Blogs!
Four incredible blogs that will help you learn how to influence people, become the best version of yourself, and start taking action to get everything you want in life!
Access the ultimate collection of Brian Tracy’s BEST blog posts here: http://discover.briantracy.com/aff_c?offer_id=70&aff_id=676
If you enjoyed this post, and found TONS OF VALUE from Brian Tracy, please take a moment and share…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,