Managing Your Expert Reputation
Your Expert Reputation
Are You Promoting Your Expert Reputation or Hurting It?
Here are 5 keys to managing your expert reputation by Penny, Managing Editor, Ezine Articles.
As your online identity becomes increasingly transparent, your actions do too.
What you post may tarnish your brand or it can work in your favor!
Create a great user experience for anyone that interacts with you and your brand and in turn, you will build exposure as a reputable Expert.
How To Manage Your Expert Reputation
1. Discover Your Current Expert Reputation
- If you’re building upon what you already have, then look at how people are talking about your brand.
- Search for your brand name, website, your name, and key players in your business.
- Who’s talking about you?
- What are they saying?
- What are you saying in blog communities, public social media, articles, and more?
2. Plan a Strategy for Change
- Take a look at your results.
- Were they positive or negative?
- Use this information as a guide to creating an action plan that meets your audience’s needs and expectations.
- For positive results, use this opportunity to thank them and even consider reciprocating with a positive mention.
- Look for opportunities to expand your audience by deepening their engagement and reach new audiences.
3. Find Where You’re Most Successful
- Social media, websites, blogs, etc. – where is your audience most active?
- Where are you currently succeeding the most?
- These are areas that you’ll want to consider publishing more content.
- Planning helps minimize uncertainties, makes your goals and objectives clear, reduces stress, and gives you a competitive edge.
4. Develop Your Reputation’s Foundation
- Make sure your Expert brand identity is consistent across your platform.
- From your website to your Facebook page, check:
- Name and branding
- Author photos
- Author profile and biography information
- Social platforms
5. Execute Your Plan
- Begin publishing your content based on where you’ve found the most success.
- Promote it and be heard!
- Continue measuring and modifying your plan to allow growth for your audience and your reputation.
- In all of your actions, consider the golden rule: Treat others as you would like to be treated (both online and off).
- For every article, post, comment, or response to others, consider whether it’s a positive user experience.
- If it doesn’t create value for you or your brand, then keep a cool head and repeat after me:
- “If you don’t have anything nice to say, then don’t say anything at all!”
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE from Ezine Article’s 5 Keys To Managing Your Expert Reputation, please take a moment and share…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!