Mastering The Art Of Persuasion 101
The Art Of Persuasion….How To Master Starting Today
President Eisenhower once said that, “Persuasion is the art of getting people to do what you want them to do, and to like it.”
“There are always two choices: you can either persuade others to help you, or you can be persuaded to help them”….says Brian Tracy
Most people are not aware that every human interaction involves a complex process of persuasion and influence.
And being unaware, they are usually the ones being persuaded to help others rather than the ones who are doing the persuading.
Here Are Brian Tracy’s Mastering The Art Persuasion Techniques
The Key to Persuasion
- The key to persuasion is motivation.
- Every human action is motivated by something.
- Your job is to find out what motivates other people and then to provide that motivation.
People have two major motivations: The desire for gain and The fear of loss.
- The desire for gain – motivates people to want more of the things they value in life.
- They want more money, more success, more health, more influence, more respect, more love and more happiness.
- Human desires are limited only by individual imagination.
- No matter how much a person has, he or she still wants more and more.
- When you can show a person how he or she can get more of the things he or she wants by helping you achieve your goals, you can motivate them to act on your behalf.
- People are also motivated to act by The fear of loss.
- This fear, in all its various forms, is often stronger than the desire for gain.
- People fear financial loss, loss of health, anger or disapproval of others, loss of the love of someone and the loss of anything they have worked hard to accomplish.
- They fear change, risk and uncertainty because these threaten them with potential losses.
Whenever you can show a person that, by doing what you want them to do, they can avoid a loss of some kind, you can influence them to take a particular action.
The very best appeals are those where you offer an opportunity to gain and an opportunity to avoid loss at the same time.
Here are two things you can do immediately to put these ideas into action.
First, before trying to convince someone of something, take a little time to think and ask questions to find out what it is he really wants. Then, motivate him to act by showing him how you can help him get it.
Second, think about how you can save a person from some loss, or guarantee them a particular outcome if they accept your ideas.
Remember, people are motivated for their reasons, not yours.
If you enjoyed this post, and found TONS OF VALUE from Brian Tracy’s persuasion techniques, please do yourself a favor and share with all whom you feel would benefit from knowing this information…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!