Optimize Your Content For Conversions
Content marketing is a valuable strategy for it’s responsible for increasing your ranks in search engines, it builds your brand reputation, and it attracts new customers to your site if your content is effectively syndicated. But the most important purpose for a content marketing strategy, and the ultimate goal for all of its peripheral effects, is getting more sales for your business, and sales are driven by conversions.
If your site is set up properly, there should be ample opportunities for conversion no matter where a user ventures. There should be some visible form or call to action on every page to help guide your users to a successful conversion.
Here are 6 tips, as outlined in this post from James Parsons,( an avid blogger on SEO, social media, and design, AudienceBloom) that can be easily implemented and will help you make sure your content does a good job of leading your readers deeper into your site.
1. Make sure your content is captivating.
- Having an appealing content strategy is an important foundation for optimizing for conversions.
2. Interlink your site heavily.
- On each page, include at least one link to another internal page (so long as it’s relevant to your content).
- Especially useful on your blog, where you can link your readers to more specific information about related topics.
- These links are opportunities for your readers to venture deeper, and the more chances they have to do that, the better.
3. Setting Up Appropriate Funnels
- You’ll want to ensure you have appropriate funnels set up for your inbound traffic.
- The bottom of your funnel is going to be your primary opportunity to convert: this could be a designated internal page, a separate landing page, or even just a form at the bottom of your page and make sure to drive users to the correct ultimate destination.
4. Using Strong Calls to Action
- If you want to successfully get your users to take action, you have to make them want to take action.
- The best way to do this in the context of a content strategy is through strong language, generally toward the end of your article.
- Without a call to action within the body of your content, your users simply won’t take action.
- They may venture to different corners of your site through your interlinking structure, but they aren’t going to take any concrete action unless they are instructed to.
5. Emphasizing Value
- Conversions are difficult because people are reluctant to hand over their money
- In order to successfully convert, you have to convince them that the transaction is valuable for them.
- If you’re selling products, your goal should be to convince your reader that your product is valuable before you confront them with the option to make a purchase.
- For example, in your blog, you can detail the reasons why a product pays for itself over time, or emphasize the value of your product versus that of a competitor.
- However you choose to do it, by the time your user has a chance to convert, they should be convinced that your product is worth buying.
6. Using Interruptions
- One strategy to getting more conversions is to interrupt your readers with an opportunity to convert.
- For example, you could set an automated ad to pop up when a user is on a blog page for a specific amount of time, blocking the content until the user either submits their information or closes the window.
- Just be sure to keep your form fields short so your users can submit their information quickly and keep reading.
When you first start optimizing for conversions, you may find it difficult to gain traction, even if you’re following all the best practices you can. It’s going to take time to learn how your audience behaves, and what drives them to make purchasing decisions after reading your content.
As you learn more about your audience, make adjustments to your approach and continue to refine your strategy. You should notice your conversion rate increasing over time, and as a result, you’ll have more revenue to continually reinvest in your inbound marketing strategy.
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share….Thank you 🙂
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,