Turning Your Free Stuff Into Profit
As a content marketer, you put out lots of FREE educational material that is easily implemented and useful and I bet that you would think that people would be willing to pay for it, right? But you just do not know HOW to make that happen.
So, how do you turn that free stuff that you share into profit?
As content marketers, we KNOW content marketing works, but a lot of people get stuck on the HOW….meaning they put out tons and tons of free material but never quite reach the “GETTING PAID” part
“Being generous with your knowledge, ideas, experience, and advice is the cornerstone to being a successful authority blogger”..….says Chris Garrett.
When you share your content through being an authority blogger, (sharing blog posts,public speaking, being interviewed, writing books/ebooks, and podcasting) you get to:
- Attract attention and increase visibility – People have a reason to listen to you, other than hear your pitch.
- Differentiate from the competition, build brand and reputation – By giving helpful tips and stories you separate yourself from the pack and stand out.
- Build an audience – As more people get to hear about you and from you, and find you useful, they will want to hear more.
- Grow a connection – In networking and in your audience, people will want to be more connected to you because they see your value.
- Establish trust and credibility – People can see how you can be valuable, and can try out your work. Your content establishes proof.
- Encourage sharing – When people like what they see they will share, tell friends, and give you testimonials.
- Educate the prospect – The more informed your prospects are, the happier and more confident they are in taking action.
- Turn leads into customers – Which leads to more prospects becoming customers, with less “selling”
Blogging is hard work, and only ever giving stuff away can lead your audience to assume you are not in business at all. When you finally do start to suggest they pay money you can get a lot of push back.
Just remember there are always going to be people who think everything you do should be free, but there will also be people who are willing to pay a fair price for your work too.
The majority of successful Authority Bloggers go beyond affiliate commissions and develop their own products and services. It doesn’t take many sales of your own coaching or online course to completely blow your affiliate commissions out of the water.
“If you can attract an audience of people who want to hear from you, who have a problem you can help solve, and especially if they are willing to invest in the solution, then you do not need anywhere near the traffic or content output to be more profitable”.…..Chris says
The key is to have an offer that the people you are attracting want to pay for, and to tell people about it. Let people know that you are in business and how YOU can help them.
Giving free content is a great way to get noticed and establish yourself in your niche, but don’t get stuck in free mode.
Share solutions that people can invest in, things that will truly help, and are set at a fair price.
Ignore the naysayers who think you should give everything away, and be as charitable as you like after you have paid yourself and your family!
When you focus on the people you can most help and who are most motivated to take action, then you can get paid for all the free work you do, and everyone wins.
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share….Thank you 🙂
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,