5 Ways To Influence Your Readers
So You Can Make More Sales
This Post Is Really About YOU, more specifically, it’s about you learning how to influence more people by creating content that’s easy to consume. After all, if they don’t actually read what you’re putting out there, how can they learn about all the benefits you have to offer?
Here are Frank Kern’s 5 Ways To Influence Your Readers So You Can Make More Sales
1. First, make sure everything is about …THE READER!
- Listen, as much as we want them to be fascinated by us, our story, and our “stuff”, the fact is they don’t care about that. They care about THEMSELVES so everything you write needs to always “tie in” to how it can help THEM.
2. Even more important than “THEM” is their RESULTS.
- If I made it all about YOU and how YOU need to write good articles, you might read some of it …but you’d ultimately leave because you know that already. But you’re still here and you’re still here for one reason: We’re talking about the RESULTS YOU WANT. In this case, we’re talking about how to influence people with content. Doing that leads to SALES, and sales lead to MONEY…..And that’s probably why you’re here, right?
3. Use the magic words ,“so you can”.
- Everybody’s going to tell you that when it comes to talking about your products, you need to make it all about features and benefits. Don’t listen to them. If you want to actually sell, you need to explain how the benefit directly relates to the results your readers want to get. The “so you can” language pattern is perfect for this.
- Here’s an example.
- Let’s say you’re selling a course on copywriting, and you’re including a swipe file.
- We’ll appeal to two of the prospect’s desired results:
- Better response and easier copywriting:
- “This makes it easy for you spot the power words and sales phrases so you can quickly plant them in any of your promos for a quick test to boost response. <–RESULT DRIVEN BENEFIT
- And this makes the whole process of writing your own ads just that much easier.
- Each ad in the swipe file contains a complete analysis of how it was used, and what made it work ...so you can easily and almost instantly sort through the archives and, find the ad that’s closest to your specific marketing situation, and create high-converting ads of your own in a fraction of the time.” <–RESULT DRIVEN BENEFIT
4. Address skepticism head on.
- Most people try to gloss over this.
- That’s a surefire way to decrease response and obliterate trust because it’s like trying to ignore a giant elephant in the room.
- You both know it’s there and if you pretend it’s invisible, you look like a moron.
- The best approach is the “you might be wondering” language pattern.
- It works like this:
- First, you identify the main area of skepticism.
- In this example, let’s say you’re selling a course on list-building …and the prospect’s main area of skepticism is that he thinks it will be too hard from a “tech” perspective.
- The next step is to address this objection by framing it as a question he might be having.
- Like this:
- “You might be wondering how you’re going to survive the brutal paces of having to figure out complicated internet software.”
- Now it’s time to answer that question using the classic “Feel, Felt, Found Pattern.”
- That looks like this:
- “I know exactly how you feel.
- In fact, I felt the same way when I started!
- And up until recently, there really was a brutal learning curve.
- In fact, it was worse than most people realize!
- But a few months ago, I found a simple way to get my systems built that’s 100% tech-free.
5. Tell them what to do next.
- Everything you write or publish should have a desired end result that benefits you and the reader.
- It could be to make a sale.
- It could be to get an opt-in.
- Or maybe you just want them to leave a comment, “like” something on social media, or refer a friend.
- Whatever it is, you need to explicitly tell them to do it, and why.
- For example:
- There’s A Sneaky “Hidden Reason” I Wrote This For You.
- The primary reason was to show you how easy it can be to create content that’s engaging and profitable.
If you follow these steps, you will be able to crank out really solid articles, reports, facebook posts, etc…..all designed to genuinely help your reader while simultaneously creating goodwill, building your personal brand, and making you sales.
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share….Thank you 🙂
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,