Are You A Marketing Rockstar?
Do you have what it takes to be more than a one-hit wonder online and make your marketing out-of-this-world awesome?
To be a marketing rockstar, let’s compare your marketing strategy to one of the following 3 different kinds of rock bands to see where your business stands….
Garage Band (Despite how great you think you are, no one knows who the heck you are)
- No real strategy
- Weak online presence
- No blog
- No keyword research or implementation of any kind
- No social media presence
- Your website has no lead generation opportunities
- Not utilizing email marketing
- No marketing automation
- No sales and marketing alignment
- Unaware of website analytics
How do you get out of the garage?
- It starts with significantly shifting your mindset.
- The first step is shifting your allocation of resources toward a more unsolicited, lead generating approach that focuses on creating a powerful online presence, which right now, you simply don’t have.
- Provide a valuable, educational experience through resourceful content in order to attract more visitors, rank higher in search engines, and generate more leads.
- Sure you have some recognition, but you have no real brand identity of your own.
- You’re struggling to stand out among the competition.
- As a result, it’s extremely hard for your brand to separate itself from the competition and control a share of the market.
- While you may be driving some traffic, you’re really not doing much to set yourself apart from your competitors, particularly those who have a more powerful online marketing strategy.
Your focus needs to be on making your website the hub and central focus for your entire business, and getting the most out of the tools and strategies needed to execute a successful campaign.
- This means creating more content.
- Blogging more.
- Improving your search engine rankings.
- Increasing your social media engagement.
- Revamping your email strategy.
- Your ability to stay current has allowed you to stay somewhat relevant.
- You’re very close to the big stage but still need that edge.
- The good news is that you aren’t far off
- While you may be generating leads from your website, you have yet to develop a lead nurturing strategy to effectively push these leads further down your sales funnel.
- You may not even have a clearly defined sales funnel yet.
- Without one, you can never efficiently track and nurture your leads through the sales process.
- Blogging consistently but lacking in readers, shares, comments and subscribers
- Consistently posting to social media, but not driving followers back to your website
- Sending frequent email blasts to entire contact list with no target audience in mind
- You’re aware of traffic and lead sources, but unsure which marketing initiatives prove ROI
Your problem is with the details.
- You have goals, but aren’t sure if the strategies you have in place will get you there.
- You have a lead generating website, but it isn’t optimized for mobile devices
You can’t sell to everyone.
- You need to know who is more likely to buy, and focus your marketing efforts on attracting and converting these types of prospects
- This will allow you to have a much clearer picture of your target audience, which in turn will allow for sales and marketing to be more productive.
- Start by creating detailed buyer personas, which are basically fictional representations of your target audience.
Once you have a better idea of who your ideal prospects are, you can more effectively create more relevant content that aims to push them further down your sales funnel.
What does being a marketing rockstar exactly mean?
- It means that you understand how the modern consumer is digesting and receiving content, and you’ve adjusted your marketing strategy in order to reach and engage your target audience more effectively.
- People are using smartphones, tablets and laptops to consume and digest content and media.
- You are what they want to consume…….You get this
- You have a clear 12-month strategy to achieve SMART goals…
- You have a lead generating, mobile optimized website that shortens your sales process
- Your consistent blogging is driving traffic and leads and generating shares
- You’ve seen improved search rankings by successfully tracking & implementing relevant keywords
- You have a large following that consistently visits and engages your site
- You generate a high volume of quality leads, drastically shortening your sales process
- You’re sending highly-targeted emails to segmented lists of your contacts
- You’re nurturing a high volume of leads through sales funnel with automation
- Sales and marketing have shortened your sales process
- You’re tracking and measuring lead and traffic sources, adjusting your campaign accordingly
Being a marketing rockstar simply means that you now understand what your ideal prospects want, and more importantly, know how to implement the strategies necessary to attract them.
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share…Thank You 🙂
Sharing IS Caring!
To Your Success,