Are You Ready To Kickass Your Social Media Strategy?
Here Is What You Need To Know To Kickass Your Social Media Strategy
7 Simple Tips From Dave Kerpen, chairman of Likeable Media, For Social Media Strategy Success
1. Listen, Then Talk
- Kerpen recommends to listen, regardless of the business you’re in.
- For example…..”If you’re an accountant, go to Twitter and search ‘need an accountant’,” he said. “Your customers are asking for you.”
2. Respond (to Everyone!)
- When you respond, do it in your brand voice, whatever that is: serious, funny, full of puns, scientific, whatever.
- As long as it’s true to the brand.
3. Tell, Don’t Sell
- Social media is most powerful when you use it to tell personal stories, not to sell your products.
4. Just Be You
- On this, Kerpen quoted Oprah Winfrey, who said: “I had no idea that being your authentic self could make me as rich as I’ve become. If I had I’d have done it a lot earlier.”
- As Kerpen puts it: “When I am authentic, when I am vulnerable, when I am me, customers want to do business with me.”
5. Advertise (Better)
- Social media is not just touchy-feely…..It can drive leads, and sales.
- On Facebook, rather than just get your ad in front of huge a swath of people, you can target the right people–based on job title, interest, age, location.
- Another perk of advertising on Facebook?
- Word-of-mouth endorsements.
- You can target ads against just the friends of people who have “liked” your brand on Facebook, and when those people see your ad, they will see listed the names of their friends who like your brand, too.
6. Give Stuff Away
- Give away good content, webinars, articles, and white papers.
- If you take 10 percent off, you’re marketing, 50 percent off, you’re giving away value, 100 percent off, you have loyal customers for life, says Kerpen
7. Be Grateful
- In your social media posts, regularly thank your customers, and partners.
- According to the non-profit organization DonorsChoose.org, Kerpen said, of those people who received a thank you note, 38 percent were more likely to donate again.
If you enjoyed this post, and found TONS OF VALUE with these tips from Dave Kerpen, please take a moment and share…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,