The Marketing Practices Of Highly Successful Pop Bands
Whether you like it or not, your business can learn a lot from the marketing practices behind these highly successful pop bands (NSYNC , Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls, The Bangles, and OTown) of the 80’s and 90’s
Here are the 3 marketing practices of these popular pop bands by Carly Stec , of Impact Branding and Design
1. Know Your Target Audience
- Pop bands are aware of their target audience , so they geared their marketing efforts towards more age-appropriate merchandise from the get-go.
- Lunch boxes, bed sheets, graphic tees, and posters all produce a profit because they speak to the wants and needs of their target market.
- You cannot sell to your target market if you don’t know who they are.
- In order market your product or service more effectively, it is important to drum up the right information about whom you are trying to appeal to.
- Knowing your target audience will help you regulate the amount of time, money, and energy you are pouring into your marketing efforts.
- Use the following questions as a guideline for establishing a clear concept behind the direction of your marketing strategy:
- 1) Who are your customers (age, gender, demographic..)
- 2) What are you trying to sell them?
- 3) Why should they buy it from you?
2. Have a Plan for Growth
- Many pop bands are a few steps ahead of us, hard at work crafting a plan to expand their shelf life as they mature alongside their fans.
- Whether that means testing out a new sound, or exploring a solo career, they usually have a backup plan in their queue to employ before things get stale.
- Take the time to make note of any changes that may occur, both big and small, that have the potential to alter the way you are carrying out your current marketing efforts.
- It is important to look ahead and consider what type of changes in your industry may force you to modify your strategy.
- Don’t let transitions sneak up on you, instead focus what effect growth will have on your business, and what you can do to ease any necessary transitions.
3. Leverage social media
- With a vast majority of their fan base regularly posting and interacting on social media sites, these pop bands have mastered the art of social engagement as a way to remain relevant.
- Social networks like Twitter provide them with the opportunity to establish a sense of familiarity between themselves and their expanse of followers.
- In an attempt to make themselves appear as dreamy and accessible as possible, they use social media as a vehicle to drive engagement and increase fan loyalty.
- Social media is one of the most powerful marketing tools that you can employ.
- Serving as a direct line for two-way communication with your target audience, your business has the opportunity to build stronger connections while humanizing your brand.
- People expect 24/7 access, and social media makes it easy for your to monitor your customers comments, questions, and concerns in a timely manner.
Your goal is to create a promotion that provides value to both you and your customer.
This type of customer engagement will improve their customer experience, and make it clear that you value their business.
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!