How To Be The Master Of Your Own Fate Online
Are you overwhelmed by all of the options that are available to you online?
First of all…..you need to take this advice from Sonia Simone of Copyblogger:
“Don’t build your business on rented land”
What Sonia means is this:
Leases expire, rents go up, and businesses can’t survive the additional financial pressure.
This is where it’s nice to be an online-based business.
Because the equivalent of owning your building is to center your business around an asset you own and can control — your own self-hosted website.
Work for yourself … not Facebook or any other social network online
You have a much better option.
You can rely on yourself, and use Facebook and Google and Pinterest as outposts to support your business.
Building your business on someone else’s platform is called digital sharecropping says Sonia
- You’re the unrecognized peasant who does all the work and takes all the risk.
- The landlord reaps nearly all of the wealth and benefit.
- Sharecropped land, in other words, has a tendency to become less and less fertile over time.
- It can also be taken away from you at any time, whether or not you do anything wrong.
You can do MUCH better.
There are three assets you should be building today, and should continue to focus on for the lifetime of your business:
A well-designed website with your own hosting account.
An opt-in email list, ideally with a high-quality autoresponder
A reputation for providing impeccable value
These things are the equivalent of buying your building instead of renting it.
- Although, any of these can fall prey to outside influences, ultimately repairing your assets is in your control.
- More important, you can proactively protect those assets by taking website security seriously, avoiding spammy practices with your email, and cultivating a loyal audience who will vouch for you as being one of the good guys.
My recommendation for your website is a self-hosted WordPress Blog
Click here to get started with your very own self-hosted WordPress
You’ve put a lot of time and effort into your business — don’t risk it by building your business on someone else’s land.
Fortunately, it’s easier than ever before to create a site that you truly own and control.
You can get started here
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,